cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking to install NWDI on my NW2004s/Enterprise Portal system (SPS08), and from what I've read in the NW2004 installation guide NWDI is a Usage Type and I could have only done the NWDI installation directly after SAPinst finishes running(I'm assuming when it finishes installing NW2004s?). Also it states that the AS Java usage type is a prerequisite for running NWDI.

However, the impression I got from another thread on this site NWDI can be installed after the initial installation, as a sort of "add-in."

Is this possible, and if so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much,

Beau.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 883948 -- "NW2004s/BS2005: Inst.add. usage types/software units".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, actually found that note almost directly after I posted this thread. One thing:

The note states that AS Java is a prereq for NWDI, as well as for EP (which I'm running). Since I'm running EP I should convceivably already have the AS Java usage type. However, when I compare my deployed SCAs in the SDM with the SCAs that come with AS Java (SPS08) I am missing some.

Namely these:

SAPBUILDT08_0-10003479.SCA

LMTOOLS08_0-10003486.SCA

SAPEXE_58-20001001.SAR

SAPEXEDB_58-20001000.SAR

KMKWJIKS08_0-10003021.SCA

The kernel patches I know are deployed although they aren't showing up in the SDM, the rest I'm not sure of.

Do you think I would need to deploy these remaining items before I go on to deploying SCAs relavent to NWDI?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind,

After looking at the deployed components at http://<host>:<port>; it looks like everything is there.

Some just don't show in the SDM.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)