cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define reference to another EJB Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've created a message archiving tool for our XI messages. The messages are persisted in the database via an EJB session bean located in that tool's EAR.

The archiving tool is deployed to the J2EE engine and it's working fine.

Now I want to access the session EJB from a second application in order to use those archive information. Therefore, I created a reference entry in the second EAR's application-j2ee-engine.xml. I did this via the multipage editor in NWDS:

application-j2ee-engine.xml -> References -> Add -> Select application

With this reference, the deployment of this application fails due to a classloader error, which doesn't handle directly to that reference.

Does anybody has an idea about this strange behavior. Help is really highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Cheers,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Try to check via Visual Administrator the exact name of your EAR component. Most probably you have specified reference incorrect.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

thanks for your reply!

The naming of that reference seems to be fine. Because of the "wizard" in NWDS, I have no further influence about the naming.

What I forgot before: The second application is an XI resource adapter with its own connector-j2ee-engine.xml descriptor. Do I have to specify a further reference in there (within a loader-name tag)?

Thank you again

Cheers,

Matthias