cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that PROXY is a Communication channel between an R/3 System/Java/.Net to an XI system.

When it comes to an ABAP Proxy we need to write the specific OOPS methods and there by R/3 can interact directly with the XI system in the Native Language, no Adapter is needed. For this R/3 has to be on WAS 6.20 or >.

Now if I want to Interact with a Java System, In java everything is Class, Objects, Methods only. Now why do I need an Adapter. By default why its not a Proxy when I interact with a Java System?

Am I talking sensibly, if not beat me at my head,let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, lemme try my go at answering your query

In case of JAVA/ABAP proxy, it is from your MI (out/in) the proxy is generated. Lets take Java for example. you are sending data to a Java system from Xi and your receiver XI adapter comes into the picture. Now the adapter is relevant because that is the entry point for your Java application. Also it is the adapter that takes care to convert your XML to a format to be delivered to your Java system.

Open IR -> SAP BASIS -> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System -> Adapter objects and open each adapter to see its specific properties.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

I will explain you in simple terms:-

Applications based on SAP WAS 6.2 or higher can communicate with the XI in the native XI-SOAP format via proxies. All other applications, including "legacy" SAP system (those on Basis releases lower than v6.2), comunicate with the XI via adapters. SAP provides an Adapter Framework and Adapter Engine for effecting this communication.

Hope this gives you a better picture.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

MIchal, Bhavesh, Sekhar, Prakash, Krishana any answer for my question......