cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital signatures in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Digital signatures can u be used in DMS for approval of documents. how does it take place. is it an actual signature on the document or is it just wen the approver approves the doc(changes status)it is available to others...

pls give more information on this.. as well as wat settings have to be done.

regards,

vivek Mohankumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b><u>Setting a Digital Signature for a Document

Prerequisites</u></b>

Before you can set a digital signature, you must define the relevant settings in Customizing and store the original application files in the secure storage area.

See also:

Approval Using Digital Signatures [Seite 78]

Procedure

1. Choose Document ->Change. Enter the necessary data, and confirm your entries.

You see the Change document: Basic Data

2. On the Document data tab page set the status that requires a digital signature. When you

confirm your entry, the system informs you that a digital signature is required.

3. Choose Digital signature.

The Digital Signature dialog box appears.

More information can be found under Carry out signature strategy [Seite 82]

Result

The digital signature is set once the approval procedure has been completed. Only certain

changes, such as the deletion flag, can be made to the document.

The following information on the digital signature can be displayed while you are processing a

document (Basic Data screen):

Signature sequence or release statuses for the signature strategy (Environment Digital signatures).

Processing status of the original application files when the digital signature was entered

(Extras -> Status log).

<u>Executing Signature Strategies</u>

Use

You use this procedure for batch record approval if several individual signatures defined in a

signature strategy [Extern] are required to approve the record.

If a signature process has already been started by someone else and you want to

cancel it for some reason, you can withdraw the signatures executed so far (see

Canceling Signature Processes [Extern]).

<u>Prerequisites</u>

A signature strategy has been assigned to the material to which the batch record belongs in

your plant (see Customizing for Batch Records).

You have logged on to the system under your own user name. The system sets this name as

the signatory name. You cannot overwrite it.

You have called the function for approving batch records and are on the dialog box for

executing a signature strategy (see Approving Batch Records [Extern]).

The Signatures to be executed section contains an individual signature that may be

executed by your authorization or user group (see authorization object C_SIGN_BGR

Authorization Group for Digital Signatures in your authorization profile).

You have not yet executed a signature for this batch record or its current version.

If the same authorization or user group is used more than once in a signature strategy,

the individual signatures must be executed by different members of the group.

<u><b>Procedure</b></u>

1. Enter your comment in the text field.

2. Select the individual signature that is assigned to your authorization group in the Signatures

to be executed section.

2. If you use the user signature as your signature method [Extern], make sure that the system

can access your Personal Security Environment (PSE) [Extern].

How you do this, depends on your security product. If you use a smart card reader, for

example, insert your smart card in the reader.

4. Enter your password and choose Continue.

The system checks the following:

Whether you are authorized to execute the individual signature

Whether your entries match the data in your user master record

Whether your entries match the data in your PSE (if you use user signatures)

Depending on the result of this check, processing is continued as follows:

This is what given in SAP document for Digital Signature In DMS

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Apart from using the SAP Standard password method, you can also use finger print sensors, tokens, digital pads, etc.

Regards,

Regards,

Freddie Botha

www.documation.co.za

SAP DMS, CAD Integration, Data Archiving, Imaging & Scanning, Workflow

freddieb@documation.co.za

Please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Digital Signature for approval of documents in SAP DMS. The actual signature process depends on how the signature strategy is defined. For example, if you select Signature Method as 'R System Signature with authorization by R/3 userid/password', it'll give you a popup to enter your R/3 password when you change the status.

To define signature strategy, goto

SPRO -> Cross-application components -> Document Management -> Approval

You also need to go to

SPRO -> Cross-application components -> Document Management -> Control Data -> Define Document Types -> Define Document Status - on detail screen, provide signature strategy in 'SignStrat.' field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pranav...

thanks for ur reply. i will try it out and let u know.

In SPRO -> Define signature strategy...i have to select from either <b>system strategy</b> or <b>user strategy</b> with or without verification....

by doing so do how do i associate a user with a individual strategy?

is it something to do with SSF(secure store and forward)...and wat settings have to be done...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you select <b>user strategy</b>, you need an external security product and interface with SAP in place.

You first need to define individual signatures. While defining signature strategy, you may assign multiple individual signatures.

I am not sure what you mean by how to associate a user with an individual strategy.

Once the signature process is carried out, you can check the log for user information. In CV03N - Environment -> Digital Signatures. You can also use DSAL to see logs.

Is that what you asked?

or

How to decide a perticular approver for the signature?

For that, you may have to implement workflows. Workflow can be delivered to approver for signature based on the Organization Structure, type of document etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pranav.

i have done all the setting required and when i try to change the status the system asks me to make a digital signature.

now wen i go to Environment -> Digital Signatures....the digital signature is disabled.how do i activate it. does my user id require some kind of role.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

vivek mk

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

If the message pops-up to make a digital signature, just try to press the ENTER button. If all settings are maintained correct, then a pop-up windows should appear where you can assign your signature.

Hope this info could help.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pranav....

i was goin thru the help files to do digital signatures and it says

You have the following authorizations:

1.Authorization to set the digital signature

Authorization object <b>C_SIGN_BGR</b> (authorization group for digital signature) in the Production Planning object class.

2.Authorization to process the document ( Authorization Objects for Documents)

for a particular user do i have to assign profile C_SIGN_BGR in transaction su01.

but wen i try to search for the profile it shows me only

1> C_SIGN_CM

2> SIGN_A System user user group digital signature

3> SIGN_P Production management user group digital signature

4> SIGN_Q Quality control user group digital signature

5> SIGN_S Shifh management user group digital signature

could u tell me which one i have to select.

Message was edited by: vivek mohankumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys...

answer to my previous question... we have to use C_SIGN_CM......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav,

I have done all the setting required and when i try to change the status the system asks me to make a digital signature.

now wen i go to Environment -> Digital Signatures....the digital signature is disabled. how do i activate it now???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get this resolved?  If what was the solution as I am facing the same issue now.