cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORK in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

On what situations a Fork will be used in a BPM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

You use a Fork when you want to continue a process in branches that are independent of each other, for example, to communicate with two systems that are independent of each other. The braches of the fork join in a union operator.

You can specify the required number of branches and then define whether the process must run through all branches, or just a particular number of branches. Also, you can define an end condition for the fork.

As soon as a branch reaches the union operator at runtime, the system checks the following conditions in the specified order:

The process has run through the required number of branches.

The specified end condition has returned true.

The step is complete as soon as the one of the conditions returns true.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>On what situations a Fork will be used in a BPM?

In simple terms, fork is used for parallely executing the steps.

For example, you can have a fork with 2 branches. In one branch you do one set of operation and in another branch you do another set of operation.

The important point here is fork creates a copy of the message to every branch.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A fork is used when you want to pick messages by multiple receivers. This step in the bpm makes it to waits till all the branches of fork step are executed.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fork is used for parallel processing.

When you want multiple activities to take place in Parallel , you use a fork.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/e2283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

<i>You use a fork () when you want to continue a process in branches that are independent of each other, for example, to communicate with two systems that are independent of each other</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh