cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sIMPLE Bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to do a simple BPM of sending 10 rows through a receive step and then using a loop with transformation and send steps in it as I need to split the mesage and send 1 row at a time. Is this a good approach or do I need to set up a counter for the end condition of the loop? Any help is appreciated as I am getting to know the nuances of BPM...:)

-AR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AR,

IF you have weblog/PDF of the Simple BPM that you are doing,can you please forward it to me ?

My mail ID: mlrshee@gmail.com/mlrshee@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ram

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use the block step to do it

with ForEach for example

this will mean that the block will be executed

as many times as you have lines in a multiline

container variable (your result from one to ten message transformation)

BTW

no need for a counter

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal. So that means I can set up a receive step , transformation step and then a block step with the send step inside it? Or do I need to bring in the transformation inside the block step too??

Also what is the useage of correlations??

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>Also what is the useage of correlations??</i>

Check this weblog...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Is my design for the Integration Process, the way to proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up the Block for each in my Integration Process. It is asking for multiline and current line parameters. I cannot selct my current line as they are grayed out but they are mandatory. Also in my multi-line if I set is as my source container , the receive step is giving an error that my source cannot be multiline. Aany ideas guys?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>, the receive step is giving an error that my source cannot be multiline.</i>

Receive cannot be a multiline. So, after recive , add a container operation where the target element is a multiline element and your source is the recieved message.

<i>I cannot selct my current line as they are grayed out but they are mandatory.</i>

use the multiline elements described above. Create a separate element for the currentline. Make sure it a a process or a block element.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Receive->Transform->send. Your send should be inside block.

Three container elements

input of type input.

outputmulti of type output with multiline enabled.

output of type output.

Multiline element -> your output that is multiline

current line ->ouput

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set my send step inside the block and the currentline of the bock as the message for the send step.But my message split is not happening. Do I need to set the receiving interface as o ...unbounded and make it similar like the multi-mapping without BPM??

-AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your block, did you select the options for each or Par for each and then choose the multiline and current element?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Yes I did set them up. My IP looks like this :

1.Receive step

2.Transformation step

3.Container operation ( to make the send step multiline)

4.Block (Multiline- target from container operation, current line - block container)

5.Send step (within the block) - message is the current line of block container.

Am I missing something? 'Cos the payload gets mapped and comes out but doesn't get split..

-AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should the receiving interfaces be set to 0..unbounded in interface mapping? I am just curious...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you should change the occurece of the target interface and the occurence of the target message type in your Interface and Message Maping respectively as 1..unbounded

Take a look at this blog by michal, to read BPM container elements and see the target of your mapping.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Bhavesh