cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD/IB Related Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently did a copy of a standard IDES XI system and ran some configuration scripts (provided) in the target system. Subsequent to that, we are facing the following related problems. Any help is welcome

- When we run SLDCHECK, we get the following two errors

1) Exception Code 4 is returned when calling the function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS. We have gone through the earlier threads, help documentation & SAP Notes on the same problem and the solutions provided there haven't worked so far. Any other guesses?

2) Exception Code 3 is returned when calling the function EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER.

- Minor issue. When IB is opened using SXMB_IFR, it takes the URL of the old source system and not that of the target (current) system (since we had done a copy). Where do we update the URL/Host so that IB can be invoked from SXMB_IFR? BTW, this is not a Host/IP-Address resolution issue.

- When we open IB by specify the proper URL manually, we get the following error: "Unable to read configuration data (ExchangeProfile/aii.properties)". What configuration are we missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Update</u>

Referring to the earlier post, we were able to resolve item (2) in the first bullet and also the issues mentioned in the 2nd & 3rd bullets, by updating the Exchange Profile (http://<server>:<port>/exchangeProfile) with the hostname of the target system. Prior to the change, it was still reflecting the hostname of the source system.

But, solution to the first issue (related to LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS) is welcome

Message was edited by: Bharath Ram S

Message was edited by: Bharath Ram S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

You need to refer SAP Note no: 721548 to reset the passwords for the XI service users. Once this note is followed fully, try with the SLDCHECK again and it will work.

You are getting this error as the communication is failing because of the communication between ABAP & J2EE engines and hence not able to get the details of the business systems configured in the SLD. This is actually done in the function module LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS and when it fails the relevant exception is displayed in SLDCHECK.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

Thanks for your reply.

As suggested in one of the earlier threads, I tried re-specifying the password for XIAPPLUSER and saving (in Tr. SLDAPICUST). But this didn't help. I specified a different user (with a greater set of roles) and it worked!

Regards,

Bharath

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bharath,

This will help you,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Might be Java version to the proxy settings. Try to go thru listed down various troubleshooting steps in following this weblog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Goto SM59 and check under TCP/IP connection a RFC destination name SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC and test if these are working fine. If not then check if the program ID is registered in the Visual Administrator of the XI system. Do check the post installation configuration guide of XI.

Hope this solves your problem

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured one of my R/3 system as Application System. My XI server is Integration Server. SLDCHECK is working fine with XI server but when I am running on R/3 system, it is failing in function module LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS with exception code 3.

Please advise.

Answers (0)