cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Project and DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a strange experience with the DTR and Webdynpro projects? When I checkout a Webdynpro project contained in the Repository (with 'Create Project'), I get the respective sources files but I loose the classpath of the project. Could anybody tell me if there is a way around this?

Cheers,

Heiko

Message was edited by: Heiko Nolte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

Did you uncheck the box for checking in the classpath file of the project also when a new project is created.

You can find that in Window -> Preferences -> Team -> Ignored Resources.

Here just uncheck the box for .classpath and .project.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm,

to refer to my original question. When I check in .project and .classpath files they contain absolute classpaths. I could make them relative or I introduce a drive mapping and let the jar path originate from this mapping.

Regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

AFAIK and from my memory the .classpath and .project files are not checked into the DTR. This is generated by the IDE for every developer when he creates a project and will be local.In the DTR these files will appear as file with a blue icon of a house(signifying a local file)

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

that is what I would expect but unfortunately I don't get these files on choosing create project. I get the the other sources of the DC but not the actual project descriptions. I use the patch level 9 of the developer studio.

Cheers,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko

I checked again , it works for me. This is how the eclipse IDE works and are essential files of any project created through Eclipse. Try creating a simple Java project in NDS and check if you have this problem.

Regards

Pran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

thanks for your suggestion. The respective setting prevents a .project and .classpath file from being created. But this is not quite what I would have expected. I thought when a Webdynpro Project is put under source control, another developer should be able to check out the whole project with the .classpath and the .project file.

Cheers,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

The .project and .classpath files get generated in Netweaver Developer Studio based on the settings of the DC Metadata. When you select 'Create Project', you are filling a brand new file in your filesystem based on the definition.

You need to define your project dependencies using the Used DCs mechanism in this file ( .dcdef in your filesystem ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

could you please explain me the what I have to do when I want to checkout a Web Dynpro project? When I start from scratch, how do I get the .dcdef file? What do I have to do after having defined the respective relations within the .dcdef file?

Cheers,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko

The .dcdef file is created when you a create a new DC through the DC View. When you create a new DC a request for an Activity will be prompted by NDS. After you have created an Activity the files that will be genreated will be attached to this Activity. You can check in this Activity or continue to develop. If you check in your Activity the folders cfg,def, ModelFolder ,src ,test and the file .dcdef will be checked in.

To work on a development component , you can use the option "Create Project" ,if the component is locally available you can use the option "Sync Sources". Any modification of the project from then on will automatically prompt you to create an Activity.

Eg: If you are defining relationships then the system automatically prompts you to create an Activity for it to check out the .dcdef file into.

Once your development is complete checkin of the Activity will will update the file in DTR with the latest one

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pran,

thanks for your explanation. I hope I get you right here. This means, when I haven't got any DC on my local machine and I want to checkout a DC somebody else has checked in, I have to submit the "Create Project" command.

I did this an retrieved the project. But the problem was that the respective .classpath file missed all references to required jars the original project had. I had to add them manually. Do you know if there is a way around this proceeding?

Best regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK, when you work with Development components, you couldn't make the "simple" Java Project dependencies. All the dependencies should be described in a terms of development components. So if you want some functionality in your DC, you make DC from this functionality and then use this new DC from your original one.

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko

Yes that is correct you have to do a "Create Project"

Even I faced problems adding external jars. Check this post for adding external jars

Alernatively if your using standard SAP provided apis like security etc. You can add this by the "Used DC" reference . Right click the "Used DCs" option in your project and select from the component sap.com_SAP-JEE_1 the public parts that would contain the reference to the jars. Hope this helps

Regards

Pran