cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and JMS for Beginners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just recently been asked to look into SAP XI as a useful addition to our company. I have been asked to use SAP and get to know the basics. I am still pretty unclear about some things.

I need to demonstrate a simple scenario in XI that it picks up a file (either local or via FTP) and puts it on a JMS queue in SAP Web Application Server and vice versa i.e. XI takes a message off a JMS queue and drops it into a file (either local or via FTP).

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to do this, or even the setup required to do such a task?

Thanks very much for any information you can give.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is similar to any other scenario except that

i) You have to deploy the drivers of the jms povider you are using. The drivers are deployed using sda file.

ii) Then while configuring the jms communication channel you have to use module parameters to convert the XML message to plain message before inserting in to queue.

Thanks and regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check these links for File to File :

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

and also give me your Id ..ll send the JMS-XI integration document.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Thanks for all the very useful information. I will read through all the posts you have given me to try to get a better understanding of how this is setup. I'm not sure how to get my ID but if you could mail me the document that would be great. My address is:

mcab21@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your mailbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received the document. Thank you very much!

It seems to be very close to what im looking for.

Thanks again,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u forward me the doc.

Id is :-

aankur@hcl.in

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please forward me the document as well? I have a similar scenario.

best regards

amit

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

For more info on JMS Adapter, check this link:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/d85a9d6fab7d4dbb7ae421f710626c/content.htm

For integration of IBM websphere and SAP XI 2.0, check this link:

http://www-03.ibm.com/solutions/sap/doc/content/bin/WebSphere_NetWeaver_QuickGuide.pdf

Regards.

Praveen