cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Outlook-like calendar/scheduler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

after searching SDN, SAP help and the Net without finding a satisfiable answer I post my question here.

I have to develop a calendar/scheduler (i)view for a portal (SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0) with Web Dynpro (using NetWeaver 2004). Ideally it resembles the Outlook calendar with views for day/week/month. The cells (hours or days depending on the view) contain individual informations like some lines of text + images.

Since unfortunately there is no calendar control my question is: What is the best way to start/realize this project with Web Dynpro? Should I use the table control as a basis and create a new tablecelleditor to display the various informations?

Regards and thanks,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the Calendar UI element is not yet included in the officially released versions.

If you want to implement your own solution, consider creating a Web Dynpro component with existing UI elements and layouts for rendering.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

from your post I assume the integration of such an element is in the pipeline. This sounds very interesting. For which release of NetWeaver can it be expected?

Greetings,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inofficial answer: Next major release.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manuel,

Sadly, you may not create custom UI controls, and set of controls that may be used as table cell editor is fixed.

You have to use something like TransparentContainer or Group control, with Matrix/Grid layout. In every cell you should put additional controls that display information for specific day. Well, all of this is good task for dynamic UI programming in WD, so read-on corresponding topics in WD sample applications and tutorials.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer, Valery.

I will try it like you said. But I wonder if this hasn't been done by anyone before.

Regards,

Manuel