cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector 2.0 in Visual Studio 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

SYSTEM LOG:

Using the try and error methode installing the connector.

After some hours <b>SUCCESS</b> .

Tried to write a first example.

1) With the server explorer i connected to r/3 <b>SUCCESS</b>

2) saw all bors and functions

3) using the toolbox i tried to start the sap proxy wizard <b>FAILED</b>

4) tried to drag and drop a bor object or a function into the designer <b>FAILED</b>

5) tried to find a documentation ( something like a small tutorial) to finally make it <b>FAILED</b>

6) tried to find something like a "howto" form SAP itself -> found a registration form for a sap course which has to be booked.

<b>IS ANYBODY ABLE TO GIVE ME A HINT HOW TO CREATE A SMALL SERVER OR CLIENT EXAMPLE WITH A RFC ENABLED FUNCTION.</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For my problem, our BASIS guys found that creating the logon group PUBLIC solved the problem at our site.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Amit,

thanks for your response.

I can see all BORs and RFCs in the Server Explorer of Visual Studio.

When I drag and drop a RFC to the Proxy Designer, the error message is fired.

When I drag and drop the RFC while pressing CTRL and Shift and then paste the content of the clipboard, I can see, that username and password are correct.

If you have any further hints, I would appreciate your help.

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

How are you doing ?

as you can see the BOR listings in the server explorer, your connection settings would then be fine [they are validated at this point], so we can eliminate any further checks here.

as the problem occurs on the drag & drop feature, it looks like the server itself is rejecting the user credentials for this particular function.

Reiner mentioned about a patch for this problem within the thread, this might be a SAP server setting / NCo generateProxy method issue. Currently i have not faced that problem mself, so am quite clueless about it's resolution.

I could work with your error logs / messages to better understand the issue and find a solution.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too get the same problem while trying to drag and drop components to the proxy. First it showed the user name and passowrd is wrong. I did a repair of JRE and then the error changed to Unable to establish connection.

Please help.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep Venu Rao,

I have the same problem with SAP .NET Connector 2.0.

I can't create a proxy because a wrong combination of username and password is reported.

Did you already come to a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance for any hints...

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Just to make sure you have all the necessary parameters for the connection string, please refer to the following thread.

It is mostly to double check if your NCo installation is in working order and eliminate any usage misnomers :-

with respect,

amit

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend reading the .NET Connector documentation, especially the the Walk-trough-examples.

You find it as help collection in VS-online-help.

About your problems:

3) Should be "Add new item..."/ Select "SAP Connector class" icon. As result you will have a .sapwsdl designer where you can drop BOR classes or functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><u>Thanks</u></b> a lot for the fast reply.

But .....

where can i find a documentation with walk throuhgs

( maybe a link ?? )

( after installing the connector the only available help in the vs is the class documentation of the sap connector; the previous installed vs help is gone .. )

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this URL (which should work if NCo is installed).

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/SAP.NCO/NCOV2Docu/overview/Client_Programming_Tutorials_and_Samples.htm

PS: Are you sure that the other help contents is really destroyed? Perhpas it's only filtered away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES,

I installed <b>all</b> help for Visual Studio .NET 2003.

After installation i installed the connector. Now help is only present in the selection Visual C++ AND it shows the sap connector help !!

By the way ....

Is there a special Java Version required for generating a sap proxy ?

When i try the proxy generator ( sapwdsl )i receive a java stackdump with the exception <i>com.sap.aii.upload.SAPConnectionException$ConnectFailed</i>.

Thanks for your support.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any Java-VM should be Ok. The ConnectFailed exception sounds more like authentication problem. This can happen if you use a SAPLOGON destination with MSG-Server load balancing or a SAP Router. There are workarrounds for both - just tell me a bit more details about the connection you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the saplogon entry i think there must be a saprouter. The definition is

Bezeichnung something

Anwendungdserver <i>E02A</i>

SAP Router String <i>/H/saprouter1.mgb01.telekom.de/S/3299/H/</i>

Systemnummer <i>30</i>

In the server explorer i took the definition from the saplogon.ini. The server is accessible and shows BOR and RFCs.

Thanks

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The current NCo design time unfortunately doesn't transfer the SAPRouter-String to Java - even if it's defined in the destination.

An easy workarround is to create a "Custom" entry in server explorer with the ApplicatioServer entry set to the concatination of SAPRouter string and AppServerHost, e.g.

"H/saprouter1.mgb01.telekom.de/S/3299/H/E02A"

This should work in both Server Explorer and Java.

Alternativly I could send you a patch that fixes the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A patch would be <b>nice</b>.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have "Add Item.../SAP Connector Proxy" instead "Add Item.../SAP Connector class", what's wrong??

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a name change from 1.x to 2.0. It is correct. It's also correct that there is no Wizard anymore. You need to drag items from Server Explorer to the designer. Please see documentation that comes as built-in VS help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have this same problem with one of our SAP servers. It is SAP.NET connector 2 with VS 2003. All our servers work fine but the new server which I added to server explorer, can show the BOR and RFC but when I drag and drop into proxy, I get the same error. I see there is a patch. Is this available via the marketplace?