cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver determination based on target msg???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to do a receiver determination based on some field present in target msg. I know I can do the same if the field is present in source msg with the condition editor in receiver determination. But this will not help my scenario. I need to find the receiver based on a field in target msg. Is it possible?? If so, can u pls explain it???

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ref this blog, all u will need is a dummy BPM

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible with out a BPM???

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible with out a BPM???

>>>>>

Depends on your scenario.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination in this blog, i use some XPATH functions to rework my earlier blog mentioned and thus i skip BPM.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

possible without a BPM if you are Sp 16 and above.

Take a look at this blog ,

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never tried anything with Enhanced Recv. det. but then as per the blog mentioned above you could map the target messge to the Receivers message and acheive the same !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

The blog seems to be the exact one I am searching for. Now let me try summarizing the blog to fit my scenario.

My target msg has a field called "quantity". If the value of quantity is 0, I need to send a mail, if the "quantity" is >0 send it to R/3 via proxy.

Now to populate the "service" field I use the same logic I used to populate the quantity field except here I fill it with Receiver name.

Now my scenario will contain an extra message mapping and interface mapping object.

In ID part, do I need an extra receiver determination and interface determination object?

Pls Correct me if I am wrong any where.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Am on Sp14 and have not had the chance to try it out.

but, <b>I dont think you will need a extra Receiver Determination for the Enhanced Receiver Determination.</b>

What I understood out of that blog was that the Interface mapping between Source Interface and Receiver Interface will determine the receiver. So, you fill in the reciver service field with the actual receiver and this value will be taken as the receiver.

The Receiver Interface will be taken from the SAP basis SWCV.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh. Will try the same and let you know the out come asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The below link will provide a solution:

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Also go thro' these links:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards.

Praveen