Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

namespace problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have got one problem....

i.e. i created a namespace and then all the objects in the integration repository....

at the time of activation,i found that the namespace was wrongly spelt as <b>htto://testscenario</b>(it is splet as htto:// instead of http://

while i changed it to http... i lost all objects in the integration repository....

what is the procedure to change a namespace without affecting the objects...

Thanks in advance....

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

renaming the namespace will indeed make u lose the objects inside it.

only way you can take care is to, copy the objects under it to a new one (namespace)

Note: But still you need to check the namespace in the object copied. It might point to the earlier namespace itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shabz/Bhavesh

can u tell me the procedure to copy the objects and by changing the namespace

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

It is possible to delete, but not rename empty namespaces. If you want to copy the objects in one namespace to another namespace, you must manually copy the relative object references for each object.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You cannot change the namespace once you designed your objects.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

Yes, I noticed the problem several times. When I copy some objects from one name space to other, the newly copied objects still point to the old name spaces. How to deal with these?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

U need to manually change the namespace . Always make sure when you copying object to manually change the namespace . A golden rule to be followed

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately we dont have any option as far as i know

<b>The only thing you can successully copy is your Data type from one namespace to another</b>. rest all u will need to recreate else it will have references to earlier namespace.

@Raghavesh - Right click the Data type and say copy object and give your new namespace there.

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar