cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is client independent customizing....Newbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

Client has Application data(master + transactional data)

Customizing data pertaining to the client

Then what is client independent customizing...I read on SAP...but I do not understand its weird definition...please explain me in simple English

During client copy when should i choose client independent data to be copied? if my target client already exists.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I know it is a bit late, but maybe someone is looking into the archives :-0

You can copy client independent customizing when you want to build up a new system and don't want to make a system copy.

But it copies only customizing and not development objects, i.e. when you created programs or screens, they don't get copied. In this case either collect the transport requests and import them in the target system or - make a system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A client is an independent business unit within an R/3 System, Data in the R/3 are classified as cleint-Dependent and client-independent.

Client-independent data such as ABAP Programs, R/3 repository objects throught the entire system.

Other data is client-dependent. meaning, it can be viewed from one client.Cleint-dependent data includes customizing application and user data.

enterprise IMG is cleint independent.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Client independent data is data that is the same for all clients in an instance. For example, programs, programs are client independent. If you look at table D010SINF in any client of your system, you will notice that this table does not have the client field as part of the key of the table, field MANDT. This means that the data in this table is relevant for the entire instance regardless of which client you are working in.

Does this help?

Regards,

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...but still my question is

during client copy when is the appropriate time to copy the cient with the client independent customizing chosen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your copying client A to B in the same system (eg QAS client 100 to QAS client 200), then you do not select client-independent customizing.

You would primarily choose client-independent customising when doing a "remote" client copy (eg from QAS 100 to TST 300).