cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer the content of an expression box in an imput field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Like mentioned in the subject, I have problems to transfer the content of an expression box(Test_1) in an imput field(Imp_1). Both have the Data typ "Text". If I gave the imput field (IMP_1) a default value like '3', it works. But when I gave the imput field the default value @test1, it doesn't work! after deploying, my imput field is empty. Please help, it's very important.

Thanks in advance and best regards, Ayse

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayse,

The problem is the refresh.

You can use an "expresion box" instead of the second input box.

Regards,

Nacho.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nacho,

thanks for your answer. At the moment it's not really clear for me, how to convert an input field into an expression box, because in the field related drop-down-box I don't get such a proposal (fx Symbol). Is there maybe another way to achieve this goal? By the way, why is the refresh an issue for that problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ayse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayseguel,

<<But when I gave the imput field the default value @test1, it doesn't work! after deploying, my imput field is empty. >>

I ran into this too. If you want your input field to have a value in it automatically, you don't use the "Default value" field on the General tab of the properties you use the "Expression" field on the Formatting tab. Put @test1 there and the form will show up with the value of @test in the input field.

Good luck.