cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy Steps Needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus,

Can you please help me by <b>providing details (step by step)procedure for Homogeneous System Copy for R/3 4.7 (Kernel 620 NU) on Windows /Oracle. </b>

I have to migrate my system from existing Server to a new Server.

Thanks and regards,

Pratip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pratip,

I consider that at u r side also there r 2 systems....source and destination...

also Source and destination both are on the same O.S. & D.B level..this is the primary condition for that.............

Here i will show u the steps using Online bakcup

(1) Take a online backup of source along with the Archies generated during Hotbackup

(2) create control file from source system and edit it to use for the new sysem.....For setting the SID and Archivlogmode...

(3)copy entier online baclup to the same destination drives.....also archive to the destination server

(4) replace the older controlfile with the newer generated file....mount and execute that controlfile ( e.g. abc.sql)

(5)then start the database it will ask for archives....supply copied archive path to it...recover database using backup controlfile

(6)start ur database with resetlog options...

(7)then execute following sdcripts

create user 'OPS$<Hostname>\<SID>ADM' default tablespace SYSTEM

temporary tablespace psaptemp identified externally;

grant connect,resource,sapdba to 'OPS$<HOSTNAME>\SAP<SID>ADM';

create user 'OPS$<Hostname>\SAPSERVICE<SID>' default tablespace SYSTEM

temporary tablespace psaptemp identified externally;

grant connect,resource,sapdba to 'OPS$<hostname>\SAPSERVICE<SID>';

create table SAPUSER

(USERID VARCHAR2(256),PASSWD VARCHAR2(256)); //*first check for this table and delete this table and all entry first and then apply the next command for user creation OR you can say delete this table entirely and create newer one*//

insert into SAPUSER values ('SAPMIP','micro123');//*please supply 'SAPPAP' and its coresponding password from PRDserver Please see the last screenshots for that*//

(8)also set, DBS_ORA_SCHEMA=SAP<SID> (sid of u r source system not u r destiantion).

Its completed...the job...

it takes hardly two hours if u r db is of size 80GB....

If u find it out as usefull then please give reward point..

thanks