cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove workspace from DTR with shell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

initially I have posted this message to the Java development forum. It might suite this forum more. Sorry.

I have tried to remove a workspace from the DTR using the command line client. The workspaces command returns

the following entries:

//EXMDEV/axentiv_EXAMPLES/cons/active/

//EXMDEV/axentiv_EXAMPLES/cons/inactive/

When I enter the command:

deleteworkspace -w "//EXMDEV/axentiv_EXAMPLES/cons/active" the following error is thrown:

Could not delete workspaceConflict [(pre||post)-condition failed: x:cannot-delet

e-wsp-repository-name-not-set]

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Heiko Nolte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko

Deletion of a workspace is considered as an administrative action in DTR. Certain pre-conditions need to be satisfied in order to delete a workspace and one of the conditions is that a display-name should be set for the DTR repository.

Other pre-conditions include:

- You should have administrative privileges

- There should be no open activities in the workspace.

In order to set the repository display name, go to:

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/sysconfig/support/RepositoryConfig

(The /sysconfig/ is not shown as a member of the root. You will have to directly go to the above resource)

Provide a display name and click on 'Set'. After this, you should be able to delete the workspace if all other pre-conditions are satisfied.

- Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

thanks for your answer on my question. Now I'm able to delete workspaces. Could you tell me if these preconditions for execting DTR commands are somewhere mentioned in the DTR documentation? Why do I have to set the Repository name explicitly?

Cheers,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

Unfortunately, the pre-conditions aren't well documented. This should change in the near future.

Regards,

Girish

Answers (0)