cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter for OFTP?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well i am facing a scenario IDOC - XI - OFTP in the future.

OFTP (Odette) is an EDI standard and is not supported in XI. I figured out that you can buy an adapter from seebruger for XI.

But do somebody know any alternatives concerning OFTP, in other words, is there any other solution than using this adapter from seebruger?

thx for everything!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess you will have to go for the third party adapter in this case. Seeburger is a good option. Also have a look at the ACTIS OFTP Adapter

Ref: http://www.actis.atosorigin.de/solutions/en/ACTIS_solutions/SAPXI.php

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the link.

Do you have some experience with this or other products concerning OFTP?

br

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carsten,

Wish i could help you but i have not worked on OFTP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OFTP Adapter by Seeburger together with the BIC (converter) by Seeburger will do the job:

http://www.seeburger.de/sap/b-to-b-adapter-fuer-sap-xinetweaver.html

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

You can use Conversion Agent. SAP Conversion Agent by Itemfield is a data conversion system that enables you to create interfaces between any data formats and XML-based systems. Conversion Agent can convert unstructured, semi-structured, and structured formats to XML, and the other way around.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Also go through these links:-

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/06/08/sap-xi-supports-edifact

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Praveen

yes this helps but seems to be a lot of work

And even a eclipse plugin in supported!

Do u have any experience in using the Agent?

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still facing an IDoc - XI - OFTP Scenario.

I am now trying to get in touch with the conversion agent and I wonder that there are only tutorials/blogs concerning to transform a received message like HL7 to XML - but not vice versa, like getting an IDoc and convert from IDoc-Xml to OFTP.

I thought the possibilty exists, so why is there no documentation about....?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Conversion Agent Studio, you can implement parsers, which transform any data format to XML; <b>serializers, which transform XML to any data format;</b> mappers, which transform XML to XML; and transformers, which modify data in any format.

I guess that is what you are looking for

Look at the Documment Getting Started with

ContentMaster in service market place to help you more on Serializers

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I could finally get something interesting for you with regard to Conversion Agent.

Related documentation for some scenarios is on SAP Service Marketplace at sap.service.com/xi Media Library Documentation.

Alternatively, you can go thro' this complete online guide on Conversion Agent:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Using Conversion Agent Studio, you can implement

> parsers, which transform any data format to XML;

> <b>serializers, which transform XML to any data

> format;</b> mappers, which transform XML to XML; and

> transformers, which modify data in any format.

>

> I guess that is what you are looking for

>

> Look at the Documment Getting Started with

> ContentMaster in service market place to help you

> more on Serializers

Ok, thanks. I found what i was looking for. I "only" have to use a Serializer to convert my received IDoc-XML to OFTP.

Now i have to figure out how this format looks like....or is it just a protocol?! But when its only a protocol i missunderstand something i guess....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten!

OFTP ist a communication protocol. This has nothing to do with the format you have to transfer.

regards the format you have to clear at which standard you have to transfer the messages. This can be any EDI format. At OFTP area the standard are often VDA or ODETTE.

You can create this messages using different EDI adapters (of course also the mendelson adapter ).

Regards OFTP you need additional software which handle the transfer based on the OFTP standard. Mostly you also need an ISDN card for using this protocol.

We can support you with this software for OFTP transport too.

More info also available at http://www.mendelson-e-c.com/.

Leo

--

mendelson-e-commerce GmbH

EDI software for highest requirements

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

there are lost of tools out there that can handle either an OFTP-Transmission or that can handle Conversions form the different Standard-EDI-Formats to some XML-Structure.

If you use the Seeburger-Adapter that is used you basically have both functionalities together in a version that is certified and directly on the SAP-List.

That means in future you can use your OSS and will not have to deal with 3rd Party Adapter Vendors but only with SAP-support.

(which means no finger-pointing in any trouble situations)

What kind of OFTP do you plan to use ? (via TCP/IP, ISDN, X31)

Greetings

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are facing exactly the same scenario except we will use the AS2 Adapter from Seeburger.

Does anyone have some experience with the Conversion Agent for converting DESADV_2_Odette?

br, Jens

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

I went to a couple of sessions at TechEd on Itemfield Conversion Agent with one hands-on session. It is a very slick little utility, but it is not something I would would to use for EDI. If you had one partner with maybe orders and invoices, then you could probably get by with this, but it is not robust enough for use as a EDI solution.

If you have some one-off file in a proprietary format that you needed to map to/from, then Itemfield would be appropriate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

we have developed a OFTP Adapter. It belongs to our it.x-change EDIFACT, VDA Tradacom converter.

<a href="http://www.itelligence.de/de/1702.php">itelligence it.x-change XI Content</a>

Regards

Philipp