cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Memory for an inbound File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario in which the inbound file adapter crashes after reading a file with more than 300 records. I am seeing java.lang.OutOfMemory Error being reported in the Adapter log files.

Any ideas why could this be happening?

Thanks

A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your system the XI 3.0 and you use the J2EE Adapter Framework?

He had issue and we had to increase memory settings etc. Our file had 10MB but when it gets blown up to XML from a flat file it gets huge(XML issue not SAP). Take a look at the OSS Note 696410 as this applies to an XI box too. After we applied the note our file adapter worked.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

wrong OSS Note, 723909 is the one we used.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem occurs on an XI 2.0 system.

This is the exact error:

i.messaging.adapter.File2XMBProcessor [file_inbound_013] Error: Exception in XML Renderer (format problem?)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

The problem occurs with a relative small file (400 kB).

It gives an OutOfMemoryError, which parameter should we adjust?

Sincerely,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when it is a XI 2.0 system then you have to specific the memory setting in the adapter.bat or adapter.sh file if I remember correctly. The setting is the initial memory the adapter starts with(see java documentation). But we had to stop and start the adapter at least once per day in XI 2.0 as the Garbage Collector did not do its job.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. We are running XI 2.0.

Do I need to upgrademy installation to a specific Patch level to resolve this? I think we are on SP5.

We are also trying to apply Note

No 723909 for JVM settings.

Thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

put in the adapter.bat or adapter.sh the -Xms512m and -Xmx512m options where the other option parameters are.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same error, but we we ran the interface on a local fileadapter, it worked fine and it crashed on the central fileadapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it might be the communication between AFW and Integration Engine which you heighten up with the parameter

icm/server_port_0

in the system profile rz10

PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000,TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=600

These are the entries I did, control your service port in SMICM and test your own values..()

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you get OutOfMemory Error within the pipeline it might be the parameter:

-Xnoclassgc in the cmdline.properties,

described in note 718747 "XI - J2EE Engine parameter -Xnoclassgc to be removed"

But then the error should not depend on the fileadapter ..

regards

bernd