cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting BRGUI 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to start the BRGUI 6.40 on my local PC. However, it is failing up till now. I've followed the instructions given in the readme file that comes with BRGUI but no result so far. When I try to log on to our hp-ux machine (with rsh, rlogin) I only get the error "Logon Failed". No other error message is given. Does anybody have an idea or a starting-point to fix this?

Regards,

Pascal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Pascal ,

Why are you installing the BrGui on your local pc ?

Commands like rsh and rlogin are typical unix commands

so this will not work in an WIN environment.

When you have a sap instance on a UNIX box install the BrGui in /oracle/SID and use an x server or vnc to display the BrGui.

In the UNIX enviroment you can use the brgui.properties file to gain remote acces to another unix host.

However be aware of the security risk !

And be sure to use the latest version BrGui 640_4 and of course the latest patchlevel of the 640 BRtools.

Regards E.ITS Basis

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64. Follow this tested steps:Ñ

You can download BRGUI from https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/business_packages/a1-8-4/n...

Put via FTP BRGUIEnglish.zip under /usr/sap, and uncompres it.

Look at chown and chmod.

cepsxi01:orapip 37> pwd

/usr/sap/brgui

cepsxi01:orapip 38> ls –l | grep brgui

total 96

-rwxrwxrwx 1 orapip dba 99 Apr 16 14:57 brgui

-rwxrwxrwx 1 orapip dba 104 Apr 16 14:57 brgui.bat

-rwxrwxrwx 1 orapip dba 9326 Apr 16 14:57 brgui.ico

-rwxrwxrwx 1 orapip dba 1806 Apr 16 15:10 brgui.properties

Replace myJAVA_HOME path for your JAVA_HOME path

cepsxi01:orapip 41> setenv JAVA_HOME /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/

setenv DISPLAY 172.31.3.8:0.0

in brgui.properties file add or modify:

brgui.remote-0=PIP (localhost) initPIP.sap

brgui.browser=Explorer o brgui.browser=Netscape

./brgui

as ora.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Where can I download the BRGUI 6.40?

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Is brgui is only used as remote tool for Unix based SAP system ? or It can be used for SAP system running on Windows. If this is possible , Have anyone sucessfully configured brgui to run on windows server for local connection . The properties files has entries/examples only for remote connection .

Appricate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out how to configure BRGUI for local connection with SAP server on windows machine.

Thx,

aditi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am looking for the BRGUI 6.40. I have download it through the link given in SAPnotes. But now I am not able to find any note to configure it on windows 2000 advanced server. I don't know which parameter and which files must be changed.

Here I have WAS 6.40,Database Oracle on windows 2000 server.Please give me the guideline to use BRGUI and the setting required.

Plese help me to use it for local PC use as well as Remote connection.

Thanks

Plz reply on the mail address to

nitesm.m@noida.hcltech.com

Message was edited by: Nitesh Mankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aditi,

it would be nice if you would also share how you configured this tool on windows.

Regards,

jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

My SAP ecc server is installed on Solaris 10 Box. And i would like to configure BrGui on that.

The brgui files are stored in the /oracle/<SID> folder. I have tried all the options provided in the message but its of no use. In my case the Server & brgui are both on Unix.

Please Help.

Regards,

ManU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manu,

1. U have to copy brgui tools in to "/usr/sap/brgui"

2. Change Permission of brgui tool accordingly (ora<sid>)

3. Open brgui.properties file in vi.

4. Change the following line :

brgui.remote-0=<SID> (localhost) init<SID>.sap

5. Now u can start brgui.

Regards,

Udayveer SIngh,

SAP Technical Consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But there seems to be a problem. It says Logon Failure. Thats the same message which i am getting reguraly even after trying all the options mentioned in the forum.

On the other hand it works fine on WIN 2K machine where my ECC IDES is installed.

Regards,

ManU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the brgui but it is too slow.

better is brtools not graphical display.

thans.

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmet ,

check this link and read note 611493

http://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=VH5BU67JXEOKPA2OK2FEAM8DCW4XP8GNA9ZR51HWZH78D73...

Cheers ,

E ITS Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ITS-Basis, looks like the link changes everyday. Now let's come to the real question : I'm trying to run brgui on AIX but I get the error "cannot find audio device dev/pau0" . Does this tool need an audio device ??

Regards

Ahmet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, E ITS Basis ,

can u provide me the link again where i can download the BRGUI tool and tell me how to install or configure the same.

thanks for the same in advance.

regards,

Ajju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

We are trying to configure BRGUI between unix environment and windows 2000. We are getting connection refused error message. Can U tell details about configuration parameters

Regards

Prathap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prathap,

I'm just busy configuring BrGui as well.

Maybe I can help you.

What is you problem exactly?

On which system do you have the brtools running and on which system do you want to configure the brgui.

By the way. I'm in the process of writing a weblog about this, as I have noticed that subject is cause for a lot of confusion.

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

SAP is running in HP & AIX. We are trying to configure BRGUI in windows 2000 server. We are not able to connect the server through BRGUI.

SID : DEV

hostname : test

oraid : oradev

BRGUI.properties Files we setted

brgui.remote-0=DEV (rsh test -l oradev brtools)

brgui.brtools.profile=/oracle/DEV/920_64/dbs/initDEV.sap

Can U tell me what is the problem in this configuration and how to set the configuration ?

Thanks in advance

Prathap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathap,

Please run the following commands on a windows commandline and post the output.

1. rsh test -l oradev

2. rsh test -l oradev brtools

BTW, have you configured the .rhosts file properly?

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We are getting the following error.

test: Permission Denied

rsh : can't establish connection

In /etc/.rhosts the following entry only available.

root

oradev

Can you give me which are the files we have to change and what configuration we have to adapt for avoiding this error.

Please give details

Thanks in advance

Regards

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

First of all your .rhost file should be located in $HOME.

If you want to have a system wide setup use /etc/hosts.equiv.

Second of all, the entry in in your .rhosts file needs to be <i>hostname [username]</i>.So if you are doing the rsh command on <i>brguihost</i> the entry in .rhosts should be <i>brguihost oradev</i>.

Have a look in the man pages of your unix system for more info.

Hope his helps.

Best regards,

Alexander Webster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

On Windows 2003 how to start BRGui from the same server an what needs to be done for starting it from Windows XP? I would really appreciate if you could send me some document, which talks aout this configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathap,

I have problem to run begui from our Hp-UX server. Can you please help me with this?

in our DEV system (UX, oracle), run brtools(7.0) from unix command line is ok. Now I am trying to configure brgui 6.40 in UX.

the configuration is done:

setenv JAVA_HOME /opt/java

setenv DISPLAY mypcname:0.0

in brgui.properties file:

brgui.remote-0=DEV (localhost) initDEV.sap

brgui.browser=explorer

I have opened reflection X windows and when I run brgui in UX command line, get brgui windows and I pressed "logon", I am able to see the BRGUI windows, but when I press any function key, it is running for ever and hang.

Did you configure DISPLAY and open X windows before run brgui?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot!!

Lily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have problem to run begui from our Hp-UX server. Can you please help me with this?

in our DEV system (UX, oracle), run brtools(7.0) from unix command line is ok. Now I am trying to configure brgui 6.40 in UX.

the configuration is done:

setenv JAVA_HOME /opt/java

setenv DISPLAY mypcname:0.0

in brgui.properties file:

brgui.remote-0=DEV (localhost) initDEV.sap

brgui.browser=explorer

I have opened reflection X windows and when I run brgui in UX command line, get brgui windows and I pressed "logon", I am able to see the BRGUI windows, but when I press any function key, it is running for ever and hang.

Did you configure DISPLAY and open X windows before run brgui?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot!!

Lily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lily,

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am getting login failed ever since we migrated from hpux 11.23 9000 to hpux 11.23 IA.

Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running a windows 2003 server and I would like to get brgui working either remotely or locally. Can anyone help please. I continually get login failed.

Thanks

Jeremy Baker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are also facing similar problem.

1. We have Brtools, Java, BRGUI on the server (running HP-UX) and BRGUI works well on the server.

2. However while trying from Windows-XP "Logon Fails". We have added following entry $ORACLE_HOME/.rhosts file:

+ +

3. Made changes also in /etc/services on the client side for the host name.

4. The command entered in BRGUI is:

rsh hostname -l username

What is wrong? Please help.

sks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Suri,

I am tryin to install brgui in my Unix server.I have copied the files in the server.when i start the brgui i get the following error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/gui/brgui/BrGui

Also I would liek to know the procedure for installing brgui on local windows pc

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am having the same issue. I can not start brgui in unix server. I have set DISPLAY and open reflesh X windows, but get the same error as you: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/gui/brgui/BrGui.

Can you please asvise me how you resolved the issue?

Thanks a lot.

Lily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've solved the problem. I didn't realize that for a rsh to work I had to maintain the .rhosts file in the home directory of ora<sid> (who is the user I log on with). This is mainainted, and it workes fine now.

Regards,

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I just wanted to confirm that you successfull got the BRGUI working from your PC connecting to brtools on one of your unix SAP servers?

I only ask as I am also trying to do this, but not having much luck. I can successfully get the brgui working when i run it directly on the unix server, but ideally i would like for my admins to be able to run it from their PCs and not have to telnet onto a server first.

In regards to my PC brgui issue, i want to know the format of your remote connection string.

Any help you can give would be great.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...ive got it all working from the local pc.

Heres an example of the connection string I use to connect to one of my systems:

(This is from the brgui.properties file)

brgui.remote-0=CRD (rsh sa1234e1 -l oracrx /usr/bin/csh -c brtools)

Where sa1234e1 is the SAP server, and oracrx is the oracle sap account (orasid).

I also call /usr/bin/csh as our users use a korn shell as standard, and any rsh commands into a ksh have problems with retaining path information, thus I call a csh before executing the brtools command.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

This also helps for me. Unfortunately I still have some problems with a few of our SAP installations, but atleast I'm getting a bit closer.

What is your opinion of the BRGUI. I'm starting to like it! It's much better to the eye than the brtools interface on it's own.

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

Where can I download the BRGUI 6.40?

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Can find BRGUI for download from this location. Can you send me the updated link

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

... as I expected ... NO BRGUI there (as well as in the swdc area.

would you please be so kind to tell me where the hell BRGUI can be found today??

regards,

ernst

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone tell where to download that BRGUI ? Neither the links given here or the ones in SAP notes are working. They are all expired. And I'm also wondering why this tool is not provided by standard or in service.sap.com/swdc ?

Regards

Ahmet