Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance about career path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

For me now it is a dilemma.

I was in Netweaver-XI team in our commpany, but there is not enough project to do, only some ALE/EDI/Workflow/ABAP(I have no Java knowledge at all) project for me, no real XI project.

Last time there was a CRM/SD project needing people, So I was assigned in the project and get certfied in OrderFullfillment.

But the problem is SD market is soaked, a lot of people doing it there, the salary will be down.

For CRM market in China, it is not started yet.

And for XI in China, it is just started and with good paid. But I think maybe it is too technical, I don't Java experience,either. I am confused.

Does any body could give me some sugguestion?Two Path:XI or SD/CRM?

My skill: ABAPALEWorkflow+SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minghan,

Considering your technical knowledge, I suggest that your vision should be XI.

You needn't possess expert JAVA knowledge but a good understanding of the concepts or a crash course in core JAVA will suffice.

Even if you are not placed in any XI project in the near future, vist the SDN forums on eXchange Infrastructure regularly and start working on blogs posted on various scenarios. This will keep you up-to-date with the technology.

This will help a lot in winning you a project during your client interview.

All the best.

Regards.

Praveen

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

How about other opportunities using XI in your area. XI is very much in demand in the US now. You really have to use XI pretty often to keep your skills fresh, so you are right to be concerned about not using it regularly. And each support pack can make fairly significant changes that you need to know about.

Stick with XI and find another situation where you can use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tim

Yes, I heard from some india colleagues about the in demand of XI in US.

But I am preferring the CRM/SD market.

Friends in US said CRM is booming, there.

Do you know some infor about CRM market?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the XI forum and for sure you are going to get to listen to Pro XI voices over here

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You are right.

When I post it to CRM forum, they suggest me to choose CRM........

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at the risk of sounding philospohical,the decision would be the best , if you tried to understand what each of these deal with and then make the choice on what you will be the most comfortable with . I dont think both CRM and XI are going to die out rapidly.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, very convictive reply.

Although, English is not my first language.

In fact, I am planning to choose CRM/SD

Because I think XI is too technical and also

salary of the two are nearly the same.

And in consulting management postion, people are focusing

on organizing and sales not which module.no matter XI or CRM, both have opportunity to be management position.

Thanks a lot. Kantilal.

Minghan

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

CRM is in high demand in the US also, and based on the our experiences with CRM thus far, it covers a very broad area and seems to require different technologies/skillsets as compared to R/3 or ECC.

I think SAP EP (Enterprise Portal) experience would be a good background to have with CRM.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minghan Song,

I am Sharing my experience ,Since you posses ALE/EDI/Workflow/ABAP it is good to move towards SAP XI, SAP XI is very interesting where we get a chance to integrate SAP and Non SAP system, Not only carrer wise Job wise also it will be very interesting there will not be any monotoios job. Basic Java will help a lot in SAP XI, Have a great career and a cool day.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Monghan Song,

My openion is ,

you have very good Exp in SAP ABAPALEWorkflow+SD.

So,Better to learn Java(you can learn by self practice ). XI market is booming now ,stay in SAP XI.You will get good package.

regards

syamkumar