cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post system copy, stop background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent background jobs changing state from Ready to Released on the firat R/3 startup after the DB restore?

Details:

I am doing system copy based on Oracle off-line backup/restore. This is working fine, but I would like to refine our process.

When first starting R/3 (with no background WP) after the DB restore, I would like to prevent background jobs from changing state from Released to Ready.

Normally I use SM37 to convert Released->Scheduled. This is OK but some jobs change from Released to Ready before I complete the conversion to Scheduled.

Thanks.

Stephen S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do the same processes by changing BTC to zero and delete all jobs which are in released status (instead of changing to schedule); we delete job because we external batch tool Autosys maintains all jobs; we switch the BTC to regular numbers after post processing is done;

thnaks,

Hari Peruri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do same with BTC=0, but I don't think that will prevent jobs from changing state Released->Ready as soon as R/3 starts.

In my situation I have many jobs that are in Release state & are Delayed (scheduled start time is passed). These jobs change state to Ready as soon as R/3 starts, I'm trying to prevent this.

Thanks.

Stephen S.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to select those jobs and go to JOB->Check status.

That might make it back to released and you can then change it to scheduled.