cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh J2EE install - can't connect to Enqueue server

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a NW04s install, my defaultTrace file repeats the error:

#1.5#0003BADBD6440001000000D100001D9B00041E4CAA35948D#1159214528828#com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl##com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl.jenqulib#######Thread[SAPEngine_EnquReader,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Encomi: failed to connect to nyerpnp1/3289/Connection refused)#

Port 3289 is the enqueue port. The message server port is 3569. The logs in the SCS89/work directory don't show any errors starting the enqueue or MS host. The port is definitely correct according to the configtool.

I'm not sure where else to look at the root cause - any ideas?

This is a J2EE ONLY install. No ABAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resovled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you like to share the solution with the rest of the community?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the j2ee engine is up and running, then most likely these enqueue errors are from the previous shutdown. Normally these errors are displayed during shutdown because the SCS89 instance stopped before the java instance. If there was really an enqueue connection problem, the j2ee engine would perform a critical shutdown.

In the case that J2EE is not starting, then we need to verify that the central services are really up and listening. Please check for the open enqueue port by issuing the following command:

netstat -an | grep 3289 (Unix)

netstat -an | findstr 3289 (Windows)

You can also perform a connection test with

'telnet nyerpnp1 3289'

An unsuccessful connection will result in an error message 'Could not open connection to the host' or something similar to that. If there are problems with the SCS89 instance, please review the updated log file in the ./SCS89/work directory. Try starting the SCS89 instance directly with SAPMMC (Windows) or 'sapstart SCS89' (UNIX).

Regards,

Nathan Swenson

SAP Development Support

SAP Labs - Palo Alto, CA (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing is running on that port. The trace files in my SCS89 directory don't show any errors. This type of behavior has now happened on two completely seperate fresh installs of NW04s. Where else could I look to see if there are previous enqueue errors?