Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View designer in Sneak Preview 2004s Abap

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

just a short question.

The view designer with all UI elements (standard simple, standard complex & Standard container category) is avaiable in Sneak Preview NW 2004s Abap ?

If not (because i cannot find it), can i install it as a separated package (if yes,where i can download it)? Or the latest version of the NW Sneak preview 2004s (SP8)already contains it ??

Thx a lot

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dirk_feeken
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The view designer in Web Dynpro ABAP is in fact a browser running in the GUI and connects via HTTP to the ABAP server (to a special HTTP handler which spits out the special HTML for the view preview in the layout pane).

Therefore it is necessary that your PC where the GUI runs allows an HTTP connection to the NW2004s ABAP server.

Dirk

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

thx for your hint.

I'm able to test the WD abap application from web browser.

The only thing, is that i cannot use "localhost" in address of the WD application but i must change it with the FQDN of the machine.

Using some blog here, i've implemented the Full Quality Domain Name to develop BSP pages (theu needs FQDN to work properly).

FQDN could be the problem?

I've already modify instance parameters icm_localhost_full

Bye

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my case the layout tab display 'Cannot display page'. The web dynpro application acts the same way... Address in the browser is ok; hosts file is up

to date. I've activated all the services in SICF. Is there some configuration to do ?

Thanks in advance !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are referring to the view in a WebDynpro ABAP component, then yes, it is available in the NW2004s sneak preview. All you need to do is go to SE80 and create a webdynpro component, after that create a view and navigate to it. The view layout editor will be there.

Make sure the you have the latest SAPgui patch for SAPgui 6.40.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

thx a lot for your quick reply.The problem is i cannot find it.

I run SE80 trx, i create a simple WD application and a view. I select the view, then and i have three "frames" (from the left):

- The standard SE80 tree

- In the "layout" tab of the WD application, i have the browser preview (but it shows the standard IE error page) and a window with the UI of the windows, designed in a tree (rootuielementcontainer).

But nothing about view designer.

I have sapgui 6.40 patch lev.20

Thx a lot

Andrea

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Andrea, the view designer is supposed to be in the the middle pane where you are seeing the IE error. Not sure what the problem is, I'll get back to ya.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

OSS does not mention the problem. What is your browser version?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the version of IE is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.sp2.rtm.048003-2148

I don't this it's a IE problem. Seems the tab with the UI doesen't exist. I tried to close the Web preview where was the browser, and after remains an empty space.

I tried also to resize the remain windows (i thought maybe it's just hide), but nothing.

I don't know how to check.

Thx alot again

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea, I would recommend you to upgrade your GUI to see whether this solves your issue. I had a similar error and after applying the latest patch, believe 51 is available through service.sap.com my issue was solved. Tiest.

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tiest,

thx a lot for your suggestion.

Now i don't have the NW system near to test your solution. I'll do the try this friday evening.

If u're right, i'll give u the right reward points.

Just a question, can u post the direct link to sapgui patchs?

Thx a lot

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, you go to service.sap.com and select software download. In support portal select on the left hand panel: Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group. On the selection screen now select: SAP Frontend Components -> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS -> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 6.40.

under this item select Win32 and select file 'gui640_21-10001615.exe' which should be patch 21.

Let me know whether this helps otherwise we will continue our search. Tiest.