cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Validation!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve got an Input mask and I want when you have forgotten to input some fields that all of them marked and in a message it is said that these fields are missing.

The other thing I want to know, is that when you fill an input field with a wrong type there is an error message at the input field. Can you produce this message manual?

Thanks

Uli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the second case you have to use WebDynpro Error Handling.There are four types standard,message,text and error types.you have open the message editor in Wed Dynpro and have the evtry for type of message there.then you shd call an event for checking the required format of what the method is supposed to validate.You have to handle them in user defined validation method using input field name.Then while you are entering alues its checks the method and issue error validating message accordingly.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thx for your answer!

Can you give me some example code, how to manage this?

Thx

Uli

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

For the first part i believe you will have to check whether the user has entered values in the input field or not. This can be done by checking the values in the context attributes.

For the second part i feel you should try creating simple types and assign the context attributes these simple types. Then the issue of wrong type being entered is automatically handled.

Regards

Sidharth