cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP using DOS/Shell script works but not with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a wierd problem. I am able to connect to sterling commerce exchange broker and do FTP using Command prompt and shell script but not with XI or any 3rd party ftp tool including smartFTP and IPswitch.

Any ideas why?

thanks,

rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OS command or shel script is executed in XI server not in FTP server.

SO if you want to connect to FTP server, then write a shell script in the XI, inside that write a logic to connect to FTp Server like FTP <IP address>

Then execute required commands in the FTP server.

Hope this helps, if my understanding is right

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I got your point very clear. In this question I donot have any requirement of executing OS command. I just have to do a simple FTP. I am successfully able to do it with eight of my nine vendors except one. WIth this particular vendor I am not able to do FTP using XI. I thought may be FTP server at vendor site is having problem but when I tested the ftp using shell script or using command prompt I am able to do the ftp. But when I do with XI , I am unable to do it.

Second related question -

There is one more issue in which I need your help. I see that I am getting the following error(GENERAL_ERROR) with status as WAITING all the nine vendors when I check in END-TO-END MONITORING though I see the file getting transferred to all the eight vendors successfully and also success flag in SXI_Monitor.

Engine Adapter Engine

Status Waiting

Repeatable Yes

Cancelable Yes

Start 25.09.2006 11:21:02

End 25.09.2006 11:21:02

Sender Party

Sender Service EDI_UNISOURCE_FTPHOST

Sender Interface "MI_ORDERS_850_IB"

Receiver Party PSSCLNT410

Receiver Service

Receiver Interface Exactly Once

Quality of Service XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_XI_HANDLER

Error Category GENERAL_ERROR

Error Code 99C591F04CC211DBAAF30003BAAFA5E6

Message 451682EBF40145FEE10000000A328039

Reference

thanks,

rakesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh Singh,

The message had been sent and it is failed and is currently waiting for another attempt.

Solution :

When the fist attempt to deliver the message has failed (a recoverable exception arose), the message is usually rescheduled and the status is updated to WAITING. As long as the message is in this status, the Messaging System retries to deliver the message according to the configured retry settings (default 3 tries).

Regards

Agasthuri Doss