cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get an adaptive webservice model imported to a webdynpro DC?

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I import an "Adaptive Web Service"-model to a <b>local</b> wd-project, everything is fine and the "Java Build Path" is obviously set up with all needed jars.

But when I build a <b>NWDI-web dynpro DC</b> and import the same wsdl-file, it throws me lots of errors, that required classes can't be resolved. It's the same, when I try to create a NWDI-DC out of the former local one.

So, my question is: do I have to put all the Variables of the "Java Build Path" to the DC as well (to my understanding, the problem would be only solved locally. as soon as I try to build it on the NWDI, it would fail again). Where in the DC-"References" have the jar/files/references to be added, too?

and: where can I find documentation, which files are needed at all? (there are about 30-40 entries in the local "Java Build Path" and I don't want to put them one by one to the DC... ;-(

kr, achim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Achim,

what's the version of your NW Developer workplace / NW Dev Studio? The Adaptive WS Model import should work without any compilation errors.

Regards, Bertram

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bertram,

we are working with 7.0.8 (NWDS & SP8 on the server).

we can import the adaptive ws model in a local project without any problems. but if we want to "convert" it in a NWDI based DC or even create a new NWDI based DC and import it there. we get errors, that classes can't be resolved. as I stated already, I'm sure, we can solve it by maintaining the "Java Build Path" in each developers NWDS, but this is a) a massive manually effort and b) won't help us with the building on the server.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same problem a couple of days back, the error was due to incorrect import of software components. There are three basic software components that needs to be imported :

a) SAP-JEE*.sca

b) SAP-JTEch*.sca

c) SAP-BUILDT*.sca

This is true with respect to SAP NW2004 SP16. However, I have also noticed that in NW04S 7.00, the files are named differently. Please make sure if you have imported the correct .SCA files with proper version. There is a How-To guide available for SAP NW2004, unfortunately there is no guide available for SAP NW2004s, yet.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Achim,

Do you have local DC (creted in "Local Develkopment") or remote DC (in DTR)? In later case there is a chance that you have older version of build plug-ins defined in DTR. The settings for DTR-located DC (like plugins to use) always overwrites local IDE settings...

Valery Silaev

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

it's a remote DC. I've added it to a SC that is dependent from the mentioned 3 DCs (J2EE, BUILDT, JTECHS) and all 3 SCAs are imported in the development system as version 7.0.8 SCAs (at least I can see them in my development configuration). but as soon as i import the ws model, i receive errors like "project was not build since classpath is incomplete" already on my NWDS not on the server build (I'd be glad to be so far

kr, achim

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Achim,

the Web Dynpro Tools should automatically inform you about the fact, that you must manually trigger a <b>manual sync of your DC</b> after Adaptive WS import, so that your local classpath entries get automatically updated.

Regards, Bertram