cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to CRM XIF Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been scrolling through some forums and seem to see mixed answers on a solution regarding connecting between SAP XI into CRM's XIF. Here is my scenario: I have a legacy system that will be passing an XML document into SAP XI. This document then needs to be mapped into an IDOC and passed into CRM via XIF. The reason we need to go through XIF is because the data NEEDS to be transferred via the middlewear.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the scenario above possible? What would be the best apapter to use?

2. We are on version 3.0 of XI, do we need to be on PI before we implement this interface?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI itself is an middlewear Then why XIF is required there ? I am not telling it is not possible. It is possible like what you layed out. But why , 2 EAI tools ?

<i>1) What would be the best apapter to use?</i>

>>>Sender - File

Reciever - Idoc ( for a Reciever it depends, may be idoc, RFC etc)

<i>. We are on version 3.0 of XI, do we need to be on PI before we implement this interface?</i>

>>Not neccessary. Inorder to go for PI, you need to have nw2004S platform.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Moorthy. The business side needs XI to drop the data through XIF because they said if it just gets dropped into CRM itself, then no processing would take place. Apparently CRM would not know what to do with the IDOC when it got there. That is why they are requiring XI to connect to XIF. I'm sorry I don't have further information, but I am not on the CRM side, only the XI side.

Thank you again.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Carley Conklin,

1) legacy system that will be passing an XML document into SAP XI == FILE ADAPTER (will help )

2) mapped into an IDOC and passed into CRM via XIF == IDOC ADAPTER (will help )

That is sender FILE & Receiver IDOC Adapters will help you as Expert Moorthy mentioned.

We can go for Two EAI tools it all depends upon the business Scenerios and SAP XI 3.0 will handle your Scenerio to my knowledge. At present in my project we are using TIBICO & XI for couple of interface to acheive the Scenerio.

kindly let me know any clarifications.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I would like to start configuring this scenario. How exactly to I tie to teh XIF adapter? Does it need to be in the SLD?

Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a similar scenario, So i want help from all of you.

1. How exactly the configurations to be done on CRM side ( XIF Adapter).

2. Is there any other way we can send data from XI to CRM except IDOC?

3. I wanted to use WebServies to push my data from legay systems into CRM (through XI or not...) ?

Carley: Could you provide me some document on this scenario you worked on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Unfortnately the project I am working on with this is at a halt. It will not resume again for another two weeks at least. I have not configured the XIF adapter yet, so I can't help you out. However, I will be happy to share my knowledge with you when I become more familiar with it.

I will get back to you when I am more invovled.