Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 to XI to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts:

I am doing the following scenario:

SRM 4.0 send a PO to XI by using the proxy interface PurchaseOrderChangeRequest_out gotten from the XI Content for SRM Server 5.0.

I could see the message in both the SRM and XI message monitors. The flags are checkered.

I have a message mapping by using the interface PurchaseOrderChangeRequest_In and its a stright thru one-to-one mapping.

I configured the scenario so that the output is written to a XML file. But that is not happening. The file receiver communication channel status in the adapter monitoring is green and says: "Up and running - no message processing until now"

I checked everything, and even redid the whole thing.

Can anybody point the mistakes or anything I am missing?

Let me know if you need more info from the scenario?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have configures your receiver agreement properly.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked it. It is correct. I checked the trace (level1,2 and 3). No errors there (except one line that says "Async barrier reached, Bye, bye). THe trace goes all the way down to:

<Trace level="1" type="T">----

</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Async processing completed OK.</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">system-ID = XD1</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">client = 020</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">language = E</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">user = XIRFCUSER</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="Timestamp">2006-09-25T15:59:32Z CET</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">----

</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_TO_PERSIST" />

- <!-- ************************************

-->

<Trace level="3" type="T">Persisting message Status = 003</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Message version 008</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Pipeline CENTRAL</Trace>

Only thing that concerns me is that I am using the Message types, interfaces stright from the XI content imported for SRM Server 5.0 in the Repository.

I also tested the scenario in the ID by using "Test Configuration" It passed! Any idea?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get chequred flag in SXMB_MONI in XI system then

check the Message Monitoring i,.e RWB->Message Monitoring->Message Display Tool and check the audit.

Refresh the cache in the Integraqtion Builder->Administartion->Cache Overview- repository/directory/runtime with Adapter metadata

Also change the Receiver communication channel and activate again and re-run the scenario.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the input. BUt it did not help. I also did a file to file scenario to test things out and it worked. But this one (SRM-XI-File) is not working.

The funny thing is I do not get any error anywhere!

O what do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Param,

what do you see the message monitoring --> Adapter engine? Do you see a message? My guess is probably it might have errored out in the adapter engine.

Shanth

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you see messages/payload in the Message Display Tool ->Adudit Log.. If it is corerct,

then there will be a problem with Adpater Engine.

Check the Receiver file adapter configuration. Are you using File content conversion ?

Anyway, try to reactivate the Reciever File channel and activate the scenario.

Hope data is coming into XI and mapping etc is working fine as you told.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shanth:

Thank you. I checked the audit log and it is: (I removed the system id after pasting. Why is it put on HOLD?

2006-09-25 11:26:09 Success The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://-------:51000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

2006-09-25 11:26:09 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2006-09-25 11:26:09 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2006-09-25 11:26:09 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2006-09-25 11:26:09 Success The message status set to HOLD.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check what Krishna said and also are us sure there the payload is not empty and you are getting some output. If there is no target payload generated and in the receiver channel under Processing Parameter there is something called Empty Message handling. Chec it is set to "Ignore" or "Write empty file"

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna and Prakash:

I posted the audit log above. My message is set to HOLD. Any reason why?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Param,

Check out this interesting link might be useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/e3fb40ef74f823e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. This is what the help says:

Holding: The state of an EOIO message that cannot be delivered until its predecessors have been delivered.

Statuses such as HOLDING or FAILED usually happen only for delivery semantics EOIO (exactly once in order) or BE (best effort).

I am in the process of testing only. How do I take care of the predecessor messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Param,

Check SMQ1 in XI and see if you can see any errors there. Some times they just get struck up in the queues for various reasons.

Shanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing in the Q.

The message from the SRm system is coming in as EOIO.

And the messages in XI are set to Hold bacause the its predecessors have been delivered (bacause it si EOIO according to the help).

How does this EOIO messages work? Where do I start and end?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Param,

EOIO works through the queues in order. If an earlier message in the queue is in error, all the other messages in the queue will have to wait until error is resolved.

Please check SMQ2 as well and see if there are any messages struck in the queue.

Shanth

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Param,

The state of an EOIO message that cannot be delivered until its predecessors have been delivered.

Solution:

Once the predecessor’s messages got released the Holding status will be released.

The earlier message in the queue might be in error, Did you checked Tcode-SMQ2 Whether any messages got struck in the queue.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (0)