cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapters are not reconnecting after receiver system shutdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

we have some RFC adapters which connect to some systems which go through offline backup procedures during weekends.

The problem is that the RFC adapters which connect to these systems aren't able to recognize that these systems are already online, and they keep showing the communication channel as with error status (in communication channel monitoring).

If we go to the adapter and reactivate it, then it connects normally the receiver system and gets a no-error status. But there are quite a few adapters and it's not practical to perform this every monday. 😕

Does anyone know what should I set to make the RFC adapters to retry the connection after a while?

Regards,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer this recent blog - /people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

thank you very much!

I hadn't noticed that one. 🐵

Ideally I'd like a way of retrying automatically, and not just by demand. But I guess that's as good as it gets...

Thanks a lot,

Henrique.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, it did seem a nice read to me too ... also refer the SAP notes mentioned in the same weblog.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we tried this in our project and it did the trick. So just go ahead and implement this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, Bhavesh. 🐵

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)