cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differentiate post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish to see post posted by me differentiated from the post I took part in.

It is very difficult to hunt for the post I had posted months back in my business card.

So it will be very nice if it is possible to get these post differentiated in business card.

Regards

Rohini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you mean posts that you initiated as opposed to posts that you answered?

So what you are saying is that you would like your "question" posts to be marked differently in your business card from your "answer" posts, correct?

That makes a good deal of sense and I would even go so far as saying it would be nice to see rewarded answers differentiated as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

yes you got me right..

that is what i'm expecting..

it would be really nice if you can come up with that.

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

One easy way to accomplish the requirement is to indicate the author of the post in the reward page as well as in the control panel->watch topic.

If the author is your id it indicates you had raised the question..and secondly if it is someone else that would imply you have replied to the topic. And I surely agree that there can be a icon to display that if the points have been awarded to your reply or not in the same list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On that note about points..

I was thinking if we can raise an automated mail or alert going to the owner of the post to close the post incase if he/she is not expecting any more replies. Automated can be dropped after some 10 or 15 or 20 days of the post.

Because most of the people would interested to know if the post was actually resolved or not. It will be mostly required when someone is searching for an answer to their issue. That will also reduce the delicacy of the post.

All the persons should be advice to close the post in either case. That means incase none of the gurus could help the owner to get the issue resolved then he/she should update the post with a note explaining how could he/she manage to resolve the issue. And incase any of the guru answers helped the owner to award point by closing the post at that answer.

Regards

Rohini