cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Installing in SAP-NW-Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i try to install SAP-NW2004S-Workplace i get following error.

You have to specify a valid location for the requested package MAXDB:760xx:RDBMS:MAX DB:WINDOWS_I386:* Specifiy the location which contains the right LABEL.ASC .

Can you please help me out.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems like u are not pointing the correct locations, try lo locate LABEL.ASC in ur installation folder.

Hope it helps u

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash,

I have located, but still i get following error.Please help me out on this.My system doesnot have MAXDB installed.

You entered: D:\SDN\NW-Place\DVD_NW_2004s_SR1_Developer_Workplace\IM_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC Found the label SAP:DW-WEBAS:7.00:SAPINST::WINDOWS_I386: but need the label MAXDB:760xx:RDBMS:MAX DB:WINDOWS_I386:*

Thanks Again in Advance,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

As the message appeared the required is of MAXDB but u are providing from IM_WINDOWS_I386. look there there will be a Folder named MAXDB check this label on that folder and point it the correct label.

Hope it helps u

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subash,

I have MAXDB folder in my system.But it doesn't have the file LABEL.ASC.What could be the problem?How should i proceed to complete my installation?If you have any document which says all the steps of installation Can you please provide me.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPinst is refering to a DVD/CD/subdirectory of a CD containing the MAXDB Software. on every SAP delivered CD/DVD there is a LABEL.ASC desribing what's in the directory structure.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

where you able to fix this problem if so could you share it. I'm having the same problem. for some reason when I downloaded from service marketplace it doesn't contain MaxDB and I was not able to see MaxDB label under SAPInst.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to get past the DVD label problem by using this combination of DVDs I downloaded from SAP.

50078731_3

51032266_3

51032266_11

But now the install fails at step 8. Unable to start the XServer service. The error is 1068 the process terminated unexpectedly. I've been searching and checking the users and groups permissions. But so far I have not found anything. I also opened a OSS message but I'm still waiting for a reply. I also tried to download and install the SAP NW SR2 Developer Workplace. After downloading the two 1+ gig files 3 times they finally extracted ok but the install fails at the same place. Step 8 Unable to start the XServer service. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jim Viette