cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adaptor not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying some scenario using file adaptor but it is not working. I tried with Runtime Workbench but my adaptor entry is not there in Adaptor monitoring.

Can anybody plz tell me how to check whether adaptor is working or not?

I am new to XI detailed explanation will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Just adding on to what Shabrish has suggested..

I Guess you should first see if the file is being picked... for that do the following.

While configuring your Sender File Adapter, let the mode be DELETE. This way, we will know if the file is being picked by the File adapter. The file will be deleted and you can be sure that it has been picked up.

In your runtime workbench home, there will be a tab, Component Monitoring, click on it. Select status as all, and click on display. The components will be displayed on ur screen. In that, under Integration Server, there will be a link for Adapter Engine. Click on it. Now, scroll down, and u will see a link to adapter monitoring, there under FILE ADAPTER see the log of the file adapter

and also, you can see the flow of your message in the integration engine in SXMB_MONI.

Do this and let us know what is happening...

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done all the steps suggested by Abhy but file on server is not being picked up by adaptor.

@Vishal:-Cache status is upto date.

@Abhy:- I can not see my adaptor name under the adaptor monitoring tab.

And status of my adaptor is active.

I have given correct Login parameters to adaptor also.

Can anybody tell me how to monitor adaptor???? or something like log checking...?

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

atul,

firstly check if ur adapter engine is up..:)

goto RWB, componet monitoring and ther u wud b able to see Integrtion Server, expand it and check if thers sum light glowin in ur adapter engine...and integration engine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Hope you had tried the methods suggested above by others.

I have some more additions :

1) If you see that the file is not getting picked up from the source directory , check the file type and transfer type given in the file adapter. Also check whether the source file directory and source file name (pattern) are given correctly.

Depending on the file type your input file belongs, this should be given as text or binary. Even if this is wrong, the file will not get picked up.

2) If the file is getting picked up, then the problem is not with the file adapter. You have to check the sxmb_moni for other type of errors like transformation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried with cache connectivity test in RWB and found error in Adaptor engine. Error is:"<i>Attempt to fetch cache data from Integration Directory failed; cache could not be updated

[Fetch Data]: Unable to find an associated SLD element</i> " .

Can any body help on this???

Atul

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Ref: https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003163902004E/HowTo_handle_XI_30_Caches.pdf

2. Also try a cache refresh with the report SAI_CACHE_REFRESH in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Please go through these threads and see if it helps...

Regards,

Abhy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>I tried with Runtime Workbench but my adaptor entry is not there in Adaptor monitoring.</i>

This implies your File adapter is not actiavted. Just make sure it has been activated.

Integration Directory --> Change List --> Activate your File adapter

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following;

1. Is your object activated from the object list?

2. Is the adapter in active status ?

3. Goto SXI_CACHE and check if the cache contents are refreshed also check for your adapter there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaharish,

Thanks for instant reply.

My adaptor(comunication channel) is active but in SXI_CACHE i can not see my sender channel...

What might be the reason?

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

wots the status of ur cache?

showin green light wit upto date status or red one ??

if red, try a full cache refresh...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your CC is active and it has been assigned to a sender agr'ment, try to test the scenario. Also, try to do a complete cache refresh too in SXI_CACHE.

Note: I guess only once an instance of the adapter is triggered an entry in cache comes ... but anyway, usually it needs to have an entry in the cache.