cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling JDBC adapter errors in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BPM to insert data in SQL server using a snychronous send.However i am not able to trap the adapter errors like server is down or could not insert because of key violation.

Hence i decided to use transport level ack. But i understand that error description is returned in fault messages. Can i use fault messages in BPM???

And also if that is not possible, I would like to know how can i configure alerts in JDBC adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To configure alerts in a BPM, take a look at these blogs,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the response, however i would like to trap the actual exception that occured in the adapter. Like some primary key contraint violation or DB server is down.

Could you please guide me to configure the same.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

I dont think this is possible. Fault Messages should be sent by the Application System back to XI , the Database in our case. AFAIK< the database cannot send back such fault messages and the error message is trapped in the JDBC adapters log. Try using Adapter Engine Alerts and this will cause the Message to be passed to your ALert framework from the adapter.

Regards,

Bhavesh