Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Workflow of my scenario is --->

<b>SAP R/3 IDOC ---> Sender IDoc Adapter ---> XI -

> Rec. File Adapter -

> Legacy Server</b>

My Questions are

1) I am working in SAP XI(PI) 7.0 & it allows you to make Sender Idoc Adapter, now how do I need to configure it. Do I need to give the name of this Adapter same as the port/RFC Destination, I created in SAP R/3 with we21/sm59.

2) In we20 ( partner profile ) on SAP R/3 do I need to give

Legacy Server logical System name ( from SLD )

XI Server logical system name ( from SLD )

SAP R/3 logical system name ( from SLD )

3) I need Idoc XML format in Legacy Server, Do I still need to create XI Data types to store/map Idoc fields ?

Regards

- Lalit -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

If you need to access the Adapter Specific Message Attributes of your IDOC adapter, then configure the sender IDOC adapter.

In we20, you create the partner profile, so, create your XI as the partner ( the partner name can be anything, but it usually is SYSDID of XI "CLNT"ClientNumber.

You can use your IDOC itself as the source / target message type.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now i created all the objects in XI & used CREMAS.CREMAS04 as both inbound & outbound message types.

Also follow these steps in SAP R/3 :

*) SM59 : to create the RFC destination to XI server

*) we21 : to create the port using above RFC Dest.

*) WE20 --> partner profiles --> type LS --> create > mention the partner LS(Receiver ,xiserver LS) then handle the Outbound parameters ( CREMAS )> mention the port (above created) and CREMAS idoc type --> select transfer idoc immediately and saved it.

But when I am executing the IDOC with BD14, I am getting green lights with status 03 in we05 but I am not getting anything in XI. In sxmb_moni " No Messaage " comment & same in RWB too.

This suggest that connection to XI is not establishing from SAP R/3 side.

Pls. suggest what am I missing. Also I would like to remind again that I am using XI 7.0 & in ID I didnt create sender IDOC adapter & sender agreement.

Also can you tell me what is the flow of action/events when we trigger the IDOC with BD14.

Thanks

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>><i>I am working in SAP XI(PI) 7.0 & it allows you to make Sender Idoc Adapter, now how do I need to configure it. Do I need to give the name of this Adapter same as the port/RFC Destination, I created in SAP R/3 with we21/sm59.</i>

it mite giv u the option, but therscertainly no need for u to create it, if u just want to execute ur scenario frm idoc to ftp...do it the same way as u did in xi 3.0

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

Check SM58 in R3. It will have the TRFC errors if any.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

With this TCode, I am able to move ahead.

IN SM58, I am getting an error

" Name or password is incorrect(repeat logon) "

But my User ID & pwd are correct.

I checked couple of more things & find out that when I pressing the button " Remote Logon " for this R/3 conection, I am getting re-directed to the logon page of XI Server & if there I provide the same User ID & pwd, I am able to connect.

I checked the same thing in XI Server for SAP R/3 RFC destination, over there after pressing the Remote Logon button I am able to get inside the SAP R/3 server directly.

What can be the issue. Do I need to make the XI Server as trusted system for SAP R/3 Server but than same thing is not applied for SAP R/3 in XI server.

Pls. suggest.

Thanks

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

check if this user Id and password is a Log on / Dialog User in your R3 system. You can do this in SU01 in the R3 system. Remote Log On will not work for Service User Id's.

Next, Make sure that the Current User is not selected in the RFC destination.

A Test Connection does not check for user credentials. It checks only for the connectivity.

Also, go to IDX2 in XI and try to import the IDOC metadata and see if you are able to do the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

I am dialog user.

Current user check-box is not selected in RFC Dest.

I am able to import the metadata using TCode IDX2 in XI server.

-

I guess another option is to create the XI Server as Trusted system of SAP R/3.

<u>Can you check whether in your env. XI server is trusted system in SAP R/3.</u>

<i>Pls. note</i> I am using correct User ID & pwd in RFC destination but still it is giving " User/Password is incorrect " & this is happening with all the userIDs of XI server.

- Lalit -

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is R/3 version that you are having. If you are sure that you are not able to connect thought your user and password are correct. Then try changing the password to all upper case and then try the same.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

We are having SAP R/3 4.72

I alredy tried providing password in upper case No Luck .

Can you check in your environment whether XI is trusted system for R/3 or not.

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

In our case, it is not a trsuted system.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know why this happening here in this environment. I checked in other env's also there also no trusted system.

Though now working on creating the XI as trusted system. I will update the thread after checking it with trusted system connection.

Thanks

- lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit

Might be some Firewall / Network Security issue.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalith,

Have you checked the case of your username and password? Your 2004s may be set to case sensitive..

Just try by giving the username and password in CAPS...

and also once check in XISERVER whether the user is dialog user or not...

Regards,

sridhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem is resolved after making the XI Server as trusted system of SAP R/3.

BASIS settings are like that, though I suggested our basis team that this is not a good practice from security point of view.

Thanks to everyone.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

>>> "getting green lights with status 03 " <<<

Now its neccesary to check if the IDocs have reached XI system or not.

Check IDX5 transaction in XI system to get the list of Inbound and Outbound IDocs.

If the list has your IDocs as Inbound, then it shows IDocs have reached XI system.

If not check the control record fields of IDoc. The XI system port name and partner no. in control record should be named as "SAP<XI-SID>" and "<XI-SID>CLNT<XI_ClientNumber> respectively.

This port name should match with the port created in XI using transaction IDX1.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Uma