cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Mapping Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNs,

I write a user defined mapping program under a namespace, and I want to use it in other namespaces by drag and drop instead of importing, is that possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like mentioned by Prakash, one option is to create a Class out of your UDF , import it under the Imported Archives as a JAR and this class would be accesible across all namespaces in the SWCV's. Create an object of this class and then invoke its methods.

Another option would be to go for Value Mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u talking about User Define Function or a mapping program like Java, XSLT? In general all mapping program as user defined.

In case of User Defined Function you have to copy it once again as far I know.

In case of a Mapping program if you are trying to access from the same software component but withn different name space there is no need of re importing. You can select if from the F4 the mapping program will be available.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In case of a Mapping program if you are trying to

> access from the same software component but withn

> different name space there is no need of re

> importing.

Prakash, I'm a little confused, I think mapping program like java and XSLT can only imported in user defined function in Mapping, isn't it?

> You can select if from the F4 the mapping

> program will be available.

What do you mean by the "F4"? Can you explain it to me ?

Thank you.

YiNing

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>Prakash, I'm a little confused, I think mapping program like java and XSLT can only imported in user defined function in Mapping, isn't it?</i>

No, you will be importing it under Imported Archive. You will find User Defined Function inside the Graphical Mapping.

Refer this link for UDF

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/e127f28b572243b4324879c6bf05a0/content.htm

<i>>>>What do you mean by the "F4"? Can you explain it to me ?</i>

F4 is Value request. In the Interface mapping when you are assigning the mapping program you will click on the "?" button which is nothing but F4. You can also press F4 which is equal to pressing "?"

Thanks,

Prakash