Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Message and BPM

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having a scenario where i use a JDBC adapter to extract data from a DB. As a result of the query say, 10 rows are returned as message to XI server. I have a transformation (BPM) set and the receiver(target system) is a file. When i open the file to see its contents i can see only the first record been transfered. The mapping part used for the transformation node is having IF condition. But all the fetched records satisfies the conditions in the mapping.

Pls let me know the corrective step.

reg: Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Make sure that your target data type(file) occurence as 0 to unbounded and also do test mapping in message mapping.

Sekhar

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check the occurance of the target data type.

2. Get the payload from the SXMB_MONI and test the mapping if it is giving you 10 records as expected.

3. If you are using Content Conversion check of that is proper.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Check the input XML i.e all 10 records are coming into XI . This you can check in SXMB_MONI

2) Then you can test the mapping in the integration Reposiotry .. So now you can get if any mapping problem. For this , check is the occurence of target strcuture is 1..n or 0.n

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

3) If mapping is correct , then check the RWB->Message Monitoring->Message Display Tool and check the payload.

4) If this is correct, then check the File COntent Conversion of the Receiver File Adapter.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thkx for your replies. I'd ensured the occurence type of the target message and the i'm not using content conversion parameters in the target system. my xml message will be written to a file. I had checked the conversion in message mapping test by taking the xml input and is giving the expectred result but when the interface is switched on the same probem exists.

thkx

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very strange to see that the interface is working fine now without no changes made. But still i have one problem. In the message mapping i have a condition,for example if only the dep is 'CHEM' then i want to move the data to the target system else iam not mapping the source field. When i test it with all the records with the dep CHEM it is working fine but when there is a change in the DEP field say iam replacing one of the CHEM with INFI then i have an error message in the mapping program

" Cannot produce target element /ns:abpm3_mt_file/return/log. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mappin"

Kindly let me know on how to go ahead with this.

Thkx

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Can you clarify the following?

1. The DEP field occurs in the source one time or multiple times?

If it comes only one time, and as the condition is not satisfied, the target is not created and so you get the error.

Would suggest that if it occurs only once, you do the validation for the DEP field in your reciver determiantion or in a SWITCH step in the BPM before you call this mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thkx Bhavesh. I had the dep field occurence set to 1. Now after changing to 0..1 it is working fine.

Thkx all for the helpful replies.