cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a variant for SP01...possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use SP01 every day and find myself repeating the selection criteria every time. Can the selections be saved as a variant somehow?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use SAPGUI scripting to monitor client status, spool status, job status and this helps me to avoid few clicks. I have tools to monitor all these but just in case I want to see for few systems;

I have GUI script for client status monitor, I run this every day morning with direct logging enabled(using shortcut) from SAPGUI shortcut on my PC; so I login to these systems and see client status; I have similar script for SP01 --> remove user id and change dates --> look for "F5" or filtered for other than successful spools.

You can record the transactions and re-run them very easily. Please refer to GUI scripting at help.sap.com for more help;

hope this helps;

thanks,

Hari Peruri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm....that is a very clever trick to use SAPGUI scripting. Never thought of using it for this purpose. Unfortunately my employer locks down eCATT so it won't work for me. Nice idea though, thanks for sharing it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No, this is not a report program, hence no selection screen variant functionality.

If you didn't know, there is a quick way to get to your spools. Click System-->Own Spool Request. This will skip the screen in SP01.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

yep..I was hoping someone knew of a hack or a clever workaround. Thanks though...unfortunately Own Requests is not quite what we're looking for with this daily check.