Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having the following problem in the SRM extended scenario:

- When the user creates a PO, SRM goes to R/3 and commits the budget of the PS at the WBS element. At this moment the system works fine.

- But when the user changes the PO to update the delivery dates, quantity or adds a new item whatever change he does, SRM goes to R/3 and try to commit once again a new entry, instead of updating the existing WBS element, and because there's an existing commitment that has for example the 90% budget, the system tries to add a new WBS element and the budget goes to 200% for example, then the user gets a message that said's: Not enough budget to cover your requirement.

Do you know how to fix this issue? How to tell the system that the requirement already exist as WBS element and it needs to update the element instead of create a new one.

I'll appreciate your help, i will reward points for helpful answers.

BR,

Gerardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we had a similar issue. when the PO is changed in SRM, we used to get the budget exceeded message eventhough there is enough budget against WBS element in R3.

Try to implement notes 792755, 885325. Check the notes 791398 also.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vangala,

Thanks a lot for the notes that you gave me, i have reviewed and it seems to be the right solution for our problem.

Let me try to apply this notes and then i will upgrade your reward points if the issue it's closed.

I will post 6 points now.

BR,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vangala,

The notes were the straight solution to solve the problem, i appreciate your help.

Now just to acknowledge i will post the notes that i implemented: Include the ones that you gave me and the related ones.

- 791398 - Double commitments with purchase orders from SRM

- 885325 - Duplicate commitment with purchase orders from SRM system

- 792755 - Double commitment for purchase orders from the SRM

- 736960 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: EKKO-LOGSY not filled

- 919378 - Duplicate commitment for purchase orders from SRM

I will close this thread and update your forum points.

Best regards,

Gerardo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry

I am in a higher version of SAP SRM and ECC and have already applied all the notes you mentioned in your last note. But I am still getting the WBS Element Budget Exceeded error when I try to change a PO. The PO change is trying to re-commit the complete PO amount. Can you give me more insight into the notes you applied and on which versions of SRM and ECC you applied them?

Thanks,

Amol Mate