cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button call an iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to have a button that when I click on would call another iview, how do I do this?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a system action on the button in a toolbar. Choose hyperlink and specify your hyperlink as:

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!..."

This link needs to be the pcd location of the iView. That way, when you transport the model, it will take that iView from the system you are within.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I'm trying to specify my hyperlink but I cannot find the pcd location of the iView.

For some reason there isn't a folder Visual Composer/iviews in my portals, in the content administration folder.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Find your iView in the Portal that you want to link to by going to "Content Administration" in the portal. Left click on that iView. There is "Quick Info" box at the bottom left. Within there, it gives you an ID of the iView, for example:

pcd:portal_content/I805866/com.kimball.keg.Z_PORTAL_EVENT_SENDER

This is what you need to put in your hyperlink for that iView. This iView can be stored in any PCD location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I couldn't see the PCD folder because I didn't have permission in portals. This has been fixed and I included the PCD location in my button, but now when I deploy and click on the button it doesn't display the page.

It says that "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of Visual Composer are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have GML version 645.7.0027

Client Version 645.7.1.0

VCServer version: 647.7.1.0

Portal content version: 645.7.1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I was checking my hyperlink and it was defined as "pcd:..", which I had copied from the Quick info box. I noticed that you had sent me a diferent one "pcd!3..."

I changed my hyperlink to "pcd!3.."and kept the rest that was in my Quick info box. The result was diferent, instead of displaying the message "page cannot be displayed", I now see the "cluster administration".

Whick one is the correct hyperlink? the exact copy from my portal content administration or the pcd3! that you sent me? What's the difference between the : and the 3! ?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either way should work. The ":" is an unescaped value. The escape value is in ASCII codes. See this website for more details:

http://webdesign.about.com/library/bl_htmlcodes.htm

Here are my versions:

GML version: 700.9.0027

Client version: 700.9.0.1

VCServer version: 700.9.0.1

Flex version: 700.9.0.1

Portal content version: 700.9.0.1

Portal connector version: 700.9.0.1

I'm leaning towards this being a versioning thing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I have installed SP 9, so I have the same version as you.

I still cannot make my hyperlink to work, it says "page cannot be displayed".

I tried to create a new model very simple with an iview button calling another iview, but the error message is the same.

I don't know what else to do to make this work.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it work if you use a full http url with server and port and not a pcd location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it works with a full http url, I tried using the google url and it calls the webpage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post your entire PCD url here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

"pcd:portal_content/com.sap.gm.cnt/vcmodels/com.myComp.myProduct.1VB.TEST_11_SDM/com.myComp.myProduct.iviews/com.myComp.myProduct.27U.Weeks_cert_test_11"

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not an escaped URL. Right click on your iView in the PCD and preview it. In the previewed URL, copy and paste the url starting with the "pcd!3aportal..." and try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help Prakash! It worked!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prakash!

Thanks, your answer was very helpful!

Would give points if I could!

--- Kaspars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

If you are using a webdynpro application which is having a button and you wanna call an iView when you click that button then the following will certainly help.

On the event of the button use the wdportalnavigation service methods to call another iView.

The PCD path of theiView is to be specified. The example is as follows:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

"ROLES:portal_content/com.pg.psl.pp.RUI_Poc.ruipoc/com.pg.psl.pp.IViews/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_iview",

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) null,

(String) null,

(String) null);

There are lots of other parameters as well and you can use them to pass data to the destination iView.

If your requirement is the same, then I can elaborate further.

Thanks,

Prathamesh

Plz reward points if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prakash!

Is it also possible to pass any parameters along with this button-click to the iView which is being called?

Maybe:

*) similarly like in html parameters in URL

*) or like in ASP parameters using session

*) or maybe there is another type of solution for this ...

Thank you for any suggestion,

--- Kaspars

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can very easily do this. Here are the how to guides I wrote that demonstrates doing this with BI web applications which are using an html iView:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5a40f2f7-0c01-0010-d69f-c63...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cab252d4-0a01-0010-3984-ee3...

Also, you can do this via ITS for SAP transactions:

/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/10/07/how-to-launch-sap-transaction-pass-parameters-via-url

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2004/09/23/pass-parameter-to-its-url-upadated-21st-june-2008

This can be done with any html application, ASP, .NET, webdynpro, etc...