cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in deploying webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I trying to deploy the webdynpro application to J2EE engine and getting the below error.

SDM host : cs050965

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/139688/LOCALS1/Temp/temp64159Welcome.ear

Deployment exception : Server cs050965 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server cs050965 at port 50018: cs050965

Inner exception was :

Server cs050965 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server tcs050965 at port 50018: cs050965

We have given the correct SDM password, still getting the same error. Can you help in getting this error resolve.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try login to the Portal from Explorer using the user Administrator and Password(SDM). If you can log on the portal, maintain the same password for both.

You can change Administrator password from the below path. "admin/password/J2E".

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\configtool

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have a similar problem when I try to deploy from my home office. From my workplace I can deploy without any issue. I am VPN'ed to my companys network when I deploy from home. Not sure if its a firewall or other n/w related issue.

Any pointers to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search this forum for "did not accept login request". This might answer your question.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinit

Even I had faced such problem many times in past. In my case, I used to just restart the server, and it used work well after that. Please try restarting the server, (though this may not be the exact solution for your problem) I hope it works for you.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have also seen this message if another process is accessing SDM, SDM process is down, or SDM is running in a "stand-alone mode" (if I'm remembering correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check also if the admin password is not changed. use sapnotes 701654 and 669848 to solve it

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Are you sure about SDM password? Is it really correct? and Messager port which u gave during deployment.

You can find message server port and other port no etc.

Go to http://<servername>:port/index.html -> click on system information you will find everything there.

Regards, Suresh KB