cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BAPI results when setting initial values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have an WD which calls a BAPI and works very well when I set the input parameters via input fields manually.

BUT when I try to set them hard-coded in the wdDoInit method or anywhere else, the BAPI returns nothing, no exception, no items, nothing!

When I uncomment the hard-coded settings, everything works well again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

Are you making sure that when hardcoding the values you are passing them in appropriate format for e.g. by adding initial zeroes.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

thanks! You were right, the missing leading zeros were the problem!

Greetings,

Nicolai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

I got through your posting recently .Actually i am new to webdynpro and want some help from you .

In my project i have one custom controller named MgrCust and one view named MgrView .Inside the custom controller there is a method named displayData() from where i have to pass one hard-coded Manager Number (9956) so that data will be displayed in MgrView .There is a value attribute for Manager number i.e ctx_mgrNo

in custom controller as well as in the view and mapping has been done .

I have also done the data binding correctly .

The code which i have written for hard coding is like this .

wdThis.wdGetMgrCust.setctx_mgrNo("9956");

But it's not working . Even i have appended with the initial zeroes but still of no result .

I think the problem lies in my code only .Can you please suggest whether my code is correct or not .If you can give me the exact code then it will be very much useful for me .

Thanks.