cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Java Applet in WebDynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the problem that I must access the client in my WebDynpro Application.

But I found no way to include a Java Applet in my application, so my question: Is it generally possible to include a Java Applet or not?

If it is not possible with an Applet, is there any other way to access the client?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We actually embed Java applets in our application. But only on the portal.

Wrap the applet around a BSP.

Call the URL in an iframe.

To prevent the reloading problems that we see with applets and actions, we put the applet in a modal window, with an OK button at the bottom so that when applet processing is finished, the rest of the web dynpro functionality resumes.

If you need to have them both in the same page, you can embed the BSP iview in the same portal page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tomas ,

I am a java developer.I want to link java applet from sap portal(java webdynpro)

can u pls guide me by providing code and procedure for the same.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread is dated back to 2005. As said before, you may use iFrame for that; but why would you want to use an Applet?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to show PDF file in ePortal browser in secured mode,i.e. no one can save the PDF. But this could not be acheived through Acrobat Reader.So I want to use Java applet for viewing PDF.

Can u please help me by proving code and procedure for applet integration.

Regards,

Dhruba

0 Kudos

Ebnet

Did you solve your problem?

Just curious to see what you did to circumvent your situation.

regards,

Kentaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't find a way to solve the problems I discribed.

I read that it is impossible to use java applets in web dynpro applications so I stopped searching for a way to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean with "access the client", but technically you can embedd applet in IFrame that is placed inside view of WD component. However, this IFrame (and applet therefore) will be reloaded on <b>every action invocation</b> (buton/link click, selection in table etc).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I search for a way to use the Java System.GetPoperties() method to find out the username and the operating system. A further point is that I want du implement a print function and so I have to find out what printers are installed on the client.

Thanks for your advises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of the cornerstones of the Web Dynpro programming model is the client abstraction of each Web Dynpro application. Therefore there is no way to access the client.

But what do you want achive? Perhaps there is another solution doing that?

Regards

Jochen