cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFP doc for MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a template/structure of a RFP doc for a MDM solution ?I know it would be very custom to my requirements but if someone has ever made an RFP it would help me structure my requirement gathering excersize.

Is there a methodology/framework which would help me analyze which Masters can be maintained in MDM.

Also, we work on a Optiva -i2-SAP environment, can someone confirm if SAP MDM can interface with i2 & Optiva (PLM).

Ashish

ashishuchil@rediffmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Is there a methodology/framework which would help me analyze which Masters can be maintained in MDM.</b>

SAP MDM is used to a single version of truth. So, if you have many systems in the landscape with different same master data named differently, or having some descrepency, its always advisable to have the MDM manage the master data and all the other systems harmonise with the MDM. Also MDM helps remove duplicate records which are often created in the system.

<b>Also, we work on a Optiva -i2-SAP environment, can someone confirm if SAP MDM can interface with i2 & Optiva (PLM).</b>

SAP integrated with any other systems using SAP XI as the middleware. I think SAP XI should be capable of talking to any other SAP solutions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>