cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProject 4.0 evaluations - Define Threshold Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I need to set the Threshold Values so that the status icons can be showed on the dashboard.

I followed the installation guide but i wasn't`t so clear for me, the system provides some templates.

But most of the templates that appears on the 000 client are referred to resource asignment or work accomplishment. At this moment i need to set the alerts by schedule. Meaning that we want to set an alert depending on how far is the real date from the scheduled on task, checklist, etc

I would like to know if there are any documentation about how to configure this or anybody can give me a hint on this subject?.

Thank you all in advance for your help

Regards

Gaston

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detailed descriptions are found in the IMG against each of the activities, but basically the steps you need to perform are as follows:

Create an extract layout containing the cProjects fields you want to base your threshold upon (e.g. planned start date, planned finish date, actual start date, actual finish date, status)

Assign this extract layout to your project types

Create an evaluation layout based upon this extract layout and select and sequence the fields (You can test this using 'Evaluations' in cProjects)

Create Severities for each of the diffent 'Traffic lights'

Create Threshold values for each of the conditions that you want to trigger a 'traffic light' based upon your Evaluation layout. The formula against each should test the status (to ensure it is not already complete) and compare the system date against the planned dates (using "Planned date - n" to specify n days before due).

Note: We encountered some instability in the "Define threshold values" function until applying SP05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Thanks for your fast reply

Actually i would like to know if there is any specific information on how to Create this Threshold values (the last step of your answer).

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gaston

Former Member
0 Kudos

The documentation is a little 'thin' in this area and the 'Define Thresholds' function is a bit strange to use.

So here's an example:

Assume that I have created an evaluation that includes planned start date (SCHEDULED_START).

Create a threshold value based on your evaluation, give it a name and choose 'TASK' for object category (you can leave it blank to mean all objects if you want to)

Click on the "a/b" button and go into the formula definition.

In here you build your formula by selecting fields, adding the operators (+ - > < = etc) and entering numbers or strings.

The example formula below triggers a threshold 5 days after the planned start date where the status is not complete.

( Calculated Start Date + 5 ) > Current Date AND System Status for an Object as a String <> 'I1702'

You can also toggle between this view and the 'Technical' view which allows you to type the formula in directly using field names (example below):

( SCHEDULED_START + 5 ) > SYST-DATUM AND SYSTEM_STATUS <> 'I1702' AND TSK_TYPE = 'ZPF_STANDARD'

Hope this helps

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's all about defining the 'severity' and then the 'threshold'. The later is done with the condition you want to define to watch. Documentation, well, not very satisfactory, must say, but do-able - was what I felt when I worked on it.

The severity defines the condition which you want to override. When you have two threshold values defined and suppose one condition applies to both of these threshold, the one with higher severity overides the one with the lower!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with the formula mentioned, but the system fails to recognize "SYSTEM_STATUS" and I also do not find an appropriate field for the status. Could you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantha,

Were you able to fix this? I am not able to set this field "SYSTEM_STATUS".

I am looking for setting threshold value to all tasks which are 5 or less days from planned completion dates and which have a status 'Not Complete'.

Thanks very much...

Answers (0)