cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM UOM Manager, Data Manager not connecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed MDM 5.5 sp3 in my laptop. When I opened the Data Manager and UOM Manger, it's throwing an error "Winsock error on connect (0* 8300002) The console is opened and MDM server is mounted correctly. But still why this socket error is coming out? Appreciate any help

And appreciate if anyone can provide the basic start up steps for building a repository and import data in import manager and syndication steps for a complete scenario.

Thanks,

Deno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deno,

the <b>UOM Manager of SAP MDM</b> can only be accessed if your repository has only the english language in it. If you have more (for example german as second language), you won't be able to work with the UOM Manager, it is not supporting <i>multilingual</i>.

Hope this is an helpful hint.

Best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deno,

Just check that server is started and repository must be loaded(Green color sign on repository symbol)

Also check the port number(If port number is not correct than it will not allow to load).

Open Data manager,click on the <b>square button</b> just in line with repository dropdown. Select MDM server and repository again and than try to open Data Manager with correct language, user and password.

How to build repository : To build custom repository, right click on server and go to create repository.

1) Enter DBMS server,Login and password detail. Give repo. name and currect port number(Unique port number).

2) After making changes in repo. right clock on repo. and load the repo.

3) Open Import manager, select repo., Language, User(Admin by default) and password(No password for admin).

4)Go to next step and select Type of input data file, Client system(MDM by Default) and file path.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ronak

<i><b>Please mark helpful answer</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronak for the reply. I opened the Data Manager and entered the user name and password but getting an error "unknown user". The same user is added in MDM console as a new user for the repository created. But still its showing the same error. And could you please help me to do a sample exercise in MDM to import some data and syndicate it....

Thanks,

Deno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deno,

User name is case sensitive. Please check it while giving user name in console and data manager. Also check the password again.

Take some data from excel or access table. Open your import manager and select source as excel/access. Select path of source of file. In Import manager source side select sheet1(for example) and in destination the correct table(Product for example).

2) Go to Map field/Values Tab. Here map source filed with destination field. Check the source values(Last pane in Map field/Values Tab).

3) Go to match records Tab. Select the Primary key value(Which is display field in your MDM repository in console).Double click(or Add) it.

4)Go to import status Tab and click "!" mark which is at top of your screen.

This way you can import data in data manager.

Also check few doc on help.sap.com

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ronak Gajjar

<b><i>Please mark helpful answer</i></b>