cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.40 ABAP stack install - error with sapstartsrv.exe - Help needed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone assist me with a new installation issue? I am trying to perform an initial install of WAS 6.40 SP3 ABAP stack (non unicode) using the NW Master CD and CD51030103 for the SAP Kernel on a vanilla W2K AS server.

I also have a previously installed working version of EP6.0 SP9 on WAS 6.40 (SP9) on the same physical server.

The problem is occuring at the Create and reregister services part of the new 6.40 kernel install, I am getting the message:

WARNING 2004-12-08 18:45:26

Execution of the command "F:\usr\sap\IDS\SYS\exe\run/sapstartsrv.exe '-r' '-q' '-p' 'F:\usr\sap\IDS\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_devbox01' '-s' 'IDS' '-n' '00' '-U' 'devbox01\SAPServiceIDS' '-P' 'XXXXXX' '-e' 'devbox01\idsadm'" finished with return code -1. Output: Test call to Service failed.Profile parameter SAPSYSTEMNAME or SAPSYSTEM doesn't match installation parameters.Service not correctly installed.

ERROR 2004-12-08 18:45:26

MOS-01011 'F:\usr\sap\IDS\SYS\exe\run/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.

I have had no problems in the past in installing a 6.20 kernel on the same host as a portal server, but this time with 6.40 I have had no luck.

I have tried replacing the version of sapstartsrv.exe from the
..usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run directory with a more recent version to see if the exe version was the problem but this has not resolved.

I have also tried to run the installation again without deleting the previous files, and this has also made no difference.

I have read through most of the forum's regarding problems with sapstartsrv.exe failing, but couldn't find anything that can help fix my problem.

If anybody thinks they can help, it would be most appreciated

Cheers,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

First of all stop all the SAP services of your system and restart the installation once again.

Hopes this will work.

Cheers,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok ignore my last post, that would work, but would render your J2E system useless..... what I did after that big mistake was to install my other system with another system nr. the first was 00 and 01 and the second was 50. Change the system number and sysid on installation and there should be no problems.

Regards,

Paulo Poinha

ppoinha@yahoo.com

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio, hi Paul,

I'm getting the same error while trying to install with RI 2.5. Interesting enough, I also have a 6.20 installed on the same machine.

Sergio, do you mean by your last post one should change the system nr when configuring the installation?

Paul, did you find a workaround/solution?

Thanks in advance

Detlev

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

got it by myself: I killed all sapstartsrv processed and retried the installation from where it stopped (in fact, it was a JavaStack installation). Worked like a charme.

Hope it helps somebody else

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the same problem and found a workaround, no idea if in the end all will be working, but during install make sure no sapstartsrv.exe is active for the other instance, in my case the J2E instance. I used task manager and killed all processes related to that instance. It worked, don't know if both will be able to start after installation..... Cross fingers...

Regards,

Paulo Poinha

ppoinha@yahoo.com