cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of material master during transfer between SRM and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question for modifying material master data between R/3 and SRM.

I would like to know if it is possible to change the material number during the transfer. The reason is:

I have 2 R/3 backends and 1 SRM system. The material codes in the 2 R/3 systems are different but some materials having different numbers in R/3 are referring to the same material. I want to see such materials with the same material number. Is it possible to do this with Middleware plus some interruption in between? The "translation" should be bi-directional.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While replicating the materials from the 2 backends into the SRM system,they will be replicated under different Hierarchies in SRM.

What you can do is after replicating the such materials(those having diffreent material codes but referrig to the same material),you can modify the Product Search in SRM for displaying such kind of materials.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

How can you modify the Product Search in SRM? Is there a standard way to do this? Do you have any related documentation?

Thanks,

Emre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need few clarifications from your side before providing further solutions.

1.What do you mean "They refer to the same material"?

2.Such materials will be having different Material codes/nos in R/3 and the same will be replciated in SRM.

So which material code is to be selected for such materials?

BR,

Disha.

PLs reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. It means that they are in the reality the same items. For example the item "Black table with 4 chairs" in one R/3 will be coded as "1". The same item is coded as "2" in the other R/3. The harmonized code "A" will be held as an additional field on the material masters of R/3.

2. Yes, such materials will have different material codes in R/3 but they will also have a field as mentioned in point 1. "A" should be selected for such materials.

Many thanks,

Emre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So is the Harmonized code replicated in SRM?In whcih field(In R/3) is this code stored? If so,you can modify the Product Search to display the item "Black table with 4 chairs" only once with the material code as "A".

Also,how many such materials are there in total?

If the number of such materials is very huge,I would suggest,you can get the materials from the Backend itself through an RFC call in your product search(If this harmonized code is not replicated in SRM).This would also reduce the processing time for the Product search in SRM.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I think you are bringing us close to the solution.

The field for keeping the harmonized code is MARA-NORMT. But this field is currently not replicated in SRM. How can we change the replication so that this field is also replicated?

There are not so many such products. I think modifying Product Search could be very useful for us. How can you modify the Product Search, do you have any documentation about modification of Product Search?

Many many thanks,

Emre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No probs if the field is not replicated.No idea how to bring that through replication though.

Coming to the Product Search...Although the number of such materials is less...You will have to modify the Product search which will take care of the display of other products as well.

The Std product search(<b>bbph_product</b>) uses the the search help exit "<b>BBP_F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_PRODUCT_GEN</b>".So you need to replace this one with your custom FM.

In your custom FM,you will have to check for the HARMINIZED code field for all such materials and accordingly while selecting the Material select the HARMONIZED code as the Material number and in the Product search display that HARMONIZED code as the "PRODUCT ID". Also,you will have to develop RFC enabled FM which will actually fetch all the Materials from the BAckend at runtime. Also are you displaying the Product List Plantwise?

Pls give me ur mail ID where i can mail you the sample code.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mail address: emre.akalin@gmail.com

We are not displaying material list plantwise, each user will see the same material list.

Why does the FM need to be RFC enabled? In the normal execution does the Product Search use materials after being downloaded to SRM? If yes, then I think no need to make the FM RFC enabled. What you think?

Thanks,

Emre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The std Product search uses the table view "BBPV_F4PR_GEN" to fetch all the materials to be displayed.So no RFC call is made to the Backend.

But in your case,you are going to fetch all the materials directly from the Backend(not from SRM),hence RFC enabled FM will be required.

I am sending you the sample code.Hope it helps.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Disha...

Answers (0)