cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of 60 characters for namespace?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to upload an external message definition (XSD) with a message belonging to a namespace with a name longer than 60 characters. Doing this, the Message does not appear on the "Messages" tab. If I manually edit the namespace and shorten it to under 60 characters it seems to work. This leads to the questions:

• Is there a hard limit for name space names of 60 characters?

• Is there a workaround available other than edit the original XSD (not an option since the XSD is controlled by another party...)

Kind regards Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way I solved the problem on was by altering the XSD to an internal namespace(s). I then created a module which could do a search/replace for the internal to the external namespace. The module could then be reversed to convert the external namespaces to internal namespaces.

The best way to perform the transformation is to use SAX parser, because you are sure the resulting message validates as XML

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your input. I thought the use of an extra java or XSLT mapping to convert between an internal namespace name and an external name might work, glad to hear it does. But it is not an appealing thought to edit all namespace declaration in some 90 external XSD files...

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

rgds Johan

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Aug 16, 2011 10:34 AM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I am sure this is not due to the XSD.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss