Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ship-to clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are on SRM 4.0 R/3 4.7

User is attached to a certain company code and has 2 plants in the extended attributes.

I understand that when SCart is created, the plant address is taken as the ship-to address in the backend.

-When is the ship-to address determined?Before the follow-on doc is created or after?

-When we replicate plants,are the addresses of plants also replicated?Where can we find information on Business partner numbers created for plants?

-The top node in the organization--company(linked to a company code in function tab),is also assigned an address in the address tab in SRM...why?Where is this address used?

-Rather, when we create organization units,why do we have to assign addresses..where are they used?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When is the ship-to address determined?Before the follow-on doc is created or after?

<b>SRM system defaults the plant address as the delivery address. I believe it is determined before it passed on through the interface. May be someone in the forum can correct me if i am wrong.</b>

-When we replicate plants,are the addresses of plants also replicated?Where can we find information on Business partner numbers created for plants?

<b>Plants are replicated along with their standard address into the SRM system. To check details of the plant you can use table BBP_LOCMAP to find out the business partner numbers of all plants replicated. Once you have determined the business partner number, using T-Code BP you can find the address of the plant in the address overview tab of that business partner.</b>

-The top node in the organization--company(linked to a company code in function tab),is also assigned an address in the address tab in SRM...why?Where is this address used?

<b>This step is usually performed to keep all the BP consistent within the system. That is the way the system has been built. You can also use that address to overwrite default plant ship to by using a BADI. The primary purpose is for BP Consistency.</b>

-Rather, when we create organization units,why do we have to assign addresses..where are they used?

<b>

Same as above</b>

Please assign points for helpfull answers

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundeep,

Thanks for your help.Will award you points.Just one more doubt:

When i create a SC,the company address is prompted as the default address in SRM.

But when the follow on doc is created, the plant address shows up in the delivery address tab.

Does it mean that the company code address(address we input in the address tab in SRM of the top node),is defaulted by SRM, but when the document is being created, plant address is taken in?Please correct me if i am wrong.

Hence the doubt-why is the plant address not shown as the ship-to address in the first place?

Can you also explain in a little more detail the last point--using a BADI to overwrite the default address?

Priya

Message was edited by: Priya Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya:

When i create a SC,the company address is prompted as the default address in SRM.

But when the follow on doc is created, the plant address shows up in the delivery address tab.

<b>BY default in the front end, SRM shows the COmpany code address as default ship to address. The interface is built to pass on plant delivery address. To overwrite this you can use thye follow on doc BADI to achieve this.

There are number of OSS notes on this topic, please refer them and you will find a solution to your question:

767461 Transfer of ship-to address to back-end system

760824 EBP R/3 - delivery addresses

576665 EBP R/3 - no generation of delivery address for each item

450425 Delivery Address creates individual R/3 address number

427906 Transfer of the delivery address to the backend system</b>

Does it mean that the company code address(address we input in the address tab in SRM of the top node),is defaulted by SRM, but when the document is being created, plant address is taken in?Please correct me if i am wrong.

Hence the doubt-why is the plant address not shown as the ship-to address in the first place?

<b>It is definitely really confusing that in the front end it shows company code as delivery address. I agree but that is the way the system is built.</b>

Can you also explain in a little more detail the last point--using a BADI to overwrite the default address?

Answer can be found above

PLease assign point for usefull answers

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya

Company address mentioned in SRM org structure is required just to determine the address of the company.

If you have not mainatin any specific ship-to addresses for that company in SRM (Edit internal addresses in SRM web application) then the address of the plant which is assigned to SC will be taken as ship-to address or delivery address. Otherwise the maintained ship-to address will be taken as delivery address in purchase docs.

While creating SC it will not show the plant address in Ship-to address section if there are no ship_to addresses maintained(Edit internal address for that company).

If it(Edit internal address) is maintained and then that will be shown in the Ship_to address tab. If there are multiple ship_to addresses are maintained then only default will be picked. User can change by search for the maintained addresses in Ship_to address tab during SC.

PS Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Answers (0)